Fall is in the air and this Friday kicks off the official Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. Fall is such a magical time of year, and when you combine that with the magic of Disneyland, it’s SPOOKTACULAR!
This year promises to be extra dazzling as Halloween overlaps the Diamond Celebration. Halloween Time is included with your regular admission if you’re visiting the parks any time September 11 – November 1, 2015. The parks have extra decorations and a few of the attractions have special Halloween overlays.
We’ve put together our top 10 list of why you need to go to Halloween Time at Disneyland this year and threw in a few helpful tips as well:
1. Jack Skellington and his crew from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas take over the Haunted Mansion for Haunted Mansion Holiday. It’s adorable.
2. Space Mountain transforms into Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy where you’ll be chased by ghosts throughout the galaxy. While most of Disney is fit for families of all ages, this may be a little too spooky for younger kids.
3. The Hollywood Tower of Terror brings more frightful fun for the holiday.
4. Perhaps the most whimsical reason to visit is the Pumpkin Festival. Hundreds of hand carved jack-o-lanterns line Main Street U.S.A. and not one pumpkin is the same as another.
5. Keep your eyes open and camera ready for photo opps with rarely seen Disney Villains and characters dressed in their costumes.
6. In true Disney fashion there are seasonal treats only available during Halloween Time. Pumpkin beignets? Yes, please.
7. World of Color – Celebrate! is playing nightly as part of the Diamond Celebration over in Disney California Adventure Park. You’ll need a Fastpass (and tissues) for this incredible show.
8. Disneyland Forever is the 60th Anniversary fireworks show. It plays every night EXCEPT for Mickey’s Halloween Party Night and can be seen from five areas in Disneyland.
9. Paint the Night is the NEW Electric Light Parade and probably the most talked about nighttime spectacular of the Diamond Celebration. Paint the Night is available each night, but if you’ll want to see it on a non-Mickey’s Halloween Party night unless you have a ticket, because it will play after the park has closed to the public.
10. Mickey’s Halloween Party is a separate ticketed event that will take place on 17 nights during Halloween Time. Disneyland will close early (around 6-7pm) for the party which includes accessto most of the attractions, trick-or-treating, a special showing of Paint the Night, and Halloween Screams – an exclusive Halloween fireworks show. It’s the only time everyone can wear a full costume to Disneyland. There are some rules to keep it family friendly and safe. Tickets are approximately $70 per person, can only be purchased through Disneyland.com, and do sell out.If you’re thinking of going, you’ll want to get your tickets soon!
Visit in September for shorter waits and warmer weather. Visit towards the end of the month if you want to get tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party.
No matter when you go, be sure to check the calendar for Mickey’s Halloween Party dates and make a plan so you can see all of the nighttime entertainment.
If you’re NOT going to Mickey’s Halloween Party, head on over to Disney California Adventure Park to see World of Color – Celebrate, hang out at Cars Land, or dance at the Diamond Mad T Party. You can also grab a Fastpass for the Frozen Sing-along, or make a reservation for Goofy’s Kitchen or any of the fun restaurants in Downtown Disney.