- Antique Books – Thrift Store -spent $1 each
- Spanish Moss (1 bag) – Dollar Store
- Hemp Yarn – Wal-Mart
- Hot Dog – Grocery Store
- Shell Noodles – Grocery Store
- Hot Glue Gun/ Glue Sticks – Craft Store
- Brown Roll of Paper (1 roll)- Dollar Store in the school section
- x-acto Knife
- Printer to print tags on
I just printed out all the information I needed and burned the edges to make it look older. I also did this to one of the books that looked newer.
- Microwave the hot dogs for around 40 seconds. I think it totally changes the “look” the more hot dogs you microwave at once.. so this one might be trial and error.
- I had three different books from DI and one (the blue one) the pages were really old, which I liked.. but it made it a little harder to use the exacto knife on it with out ripping pages. You just have to be more careful on older books.
- By the way, this was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun to make!
Don’t forget to come say hello to me over at Pillow Thought!!
Thanks, Lindsey! That is so eerie, I wouldn’t be able to resist checking out the party 😉 For another way to add some “eek” to your “chic”, check out how to wrap your mummy!