Nice Things to do for your Wife/Girlfriend
We’ve had such great response to this post, it was only fair to create one for us ladies! When it comes to doing something nice for us, most guys want to, they just need things spelled out more clearly. So guys, based on this extensive Facebook conversation…here are 51 things your wife or girlfriend would absolutely LOVE for you to do for her.
Hint, hint: Doing something on a whim for your girl will go a LONG WAY in her book!
1. Make her laugh.
2. Take the kids for a whole day so she can be a person, not a mom for a bit.
3. Grab her hand in public.
4. Take her for a walk, sans kids.
5. Plan an entire date, start to finish. Book a sitter, a restaurant, and plan an activity. Promise, she will absolutely love this.
6. Give her a no-strings-attached massage.
7. Give her a spa certificate.
8. Do one of the tasks that she typically does, whether it’s folding laundry or mowing the lawn.
9. Take the kids on a date. She will love the time off, and love the fact that you are spending time with them. See some kid date ideas here.
10. Buy her a birthday, Christmas, or other holiday gift without asking her what she wants. Put some thought and effort into surprising her.
11. Bring her flowers or chocolates for no reason.
12. If she makes a meal, do the dishes afterward.
13. Cook a special dinner. Give it professional chef effort.
14. Send her to get a manicure/pedicure.
15. Tell her she’s beautiful without makeup on.
16. Give your phone a break. Devote that time to hanging out with her and your family, sans distractions.
17. Let her pick the movie…even if it is a chick-flick. No complaining.
18. Fill up her car with gas. Wash it and vacuum it too.
19. Surprise her with an entire planned weekend getaway. That would blow her mind.
“Wake me up first thing in the morning, telling me to get dressed. That he has our bags packed and we are headed on a romantic get away. Everything has been done. Kids at the babysitter, house already set to leave. We are good gone for the weekend. No one else just us. If he did this, it would blow my mind.”–Dawn from Facebook
20. Play with her hair.
21. Carry her to bed…and let her take a nap! Uninterrupted.
22. Heat the bed for her.
“Last night my guy put a heating pad on my side of the bed so it’d be warm when I came in more men should do that!!! It was amazing!”–Kelsey from Facebook
23. Pick up everything on the bedroom floor or closet floor.
24. Book a hotel room for her for a day. Give her a break from the craziness at home.
25. Paint her toenails.
26. Take an active role in planning and preparing for your family (i.e. packing kids’ lunches, wrapping gifts, helping with holidays, etc.)
27. Clean something she normally hates to clean.
28. Put the kids to bed and let her read a book.
29. If she typically does the grocery shopping, do it for her.
30. Make her coffee in the morning.
31. Lead her to the couch, pick up her feet, and give her a foot rub.
32. Give her a gift card and let her go shopping.
33. Have lunch delivered to her.
34. Write her a song or a poem.
35. Give her a DIY pedicure/manicure.
36. Make her a bath.
37. Hire professionals to clean the entire house.
38. Dance with her.
39. Get her little gifts. Grab her favorite candy bar when you’re at the store. Get a single rose, some chapstick…sometimes the little things speak volumes.
40. Get in the car and go for a drive.
41. Make her breakfast.
42. Get up with the kids on a Saturday morning and let her sleep in.
43. Pack a picnic and go.
44. Tell her you love her more often.
45. Write her a love note.
46. Bring home her favorite ice cream.
47. Send her a sweet text during the day.
48. Bring home dinner.
49. Compliment her on something specific.
50. Thank her for something specific.
51. Give her the remote.
There you have it guys…consider this your gentle nudge. And if you want to hear exactly what women want, read this enlightening conversation. Bottom line: it doesn’t have to be big…it’s the small things that add up.
You might also like: