So I’ve been thinking lately, sometimes, especially at night, or when angry, it’s hard for a few of my kids to wind down. I’ve been noticing those glitter bottles around pinterest and I think they would make the perfect calming down activity. That got me thinking….maybe there’s also other tips I can use to help my sometimes-angry kids calm down. I’ve got a great roundup of ideas here, feel free to share and use if you could benefit too!
1. So here’s the glitter bottles that I mentioned. Haven’t tried them yet, but we seriously need them so bad. I think it would be the perfect distraction for those angry moods!
2. These cool down cubes are a great way for the kids to find a solution without having to even think about it!
3. Great instructions on how to make your very own stress ball here.
4. I love the idea of having a codeword. It will help trigger a calming spirit in everyone.
5. Have your child do a little target practice when they’re angry.
6. Help your child have a quiet place where they can be alone to relax or to even use their calming jar.
7. This teacher has a calm down tray. Good way to distract them!
8. Why not have them design and help make their own squish box.
9. If your child has sensory issues, a pillow cave might be perfect for them!
10. Add a few shiny marbles to this rice box and the kids calm right down digging for them!
11. This cute boy found out that a little music was just what he needed to calm down.
12. The great thing about blowing bubbles is that the child is forced to take good deep breaths, which is great for calming down.
13. Maybe your child just needs a listening ear? Have them make a worry doll, someone who will never judge or criticize them!
14. Have your kids stomp their anger away! They will love making these feet!
Hope these ideas help! I’m thinking they will be just what they doctor ordered at our house!