New Years Eve Ideas
Are you getting ready? Another holiday after yesterday’s holiday is coming up! Hummm…how about a fast, CHEAP, last-minute idea for the New Year’s Eve celebration? Not a lot of thought is required… promise. On to New Years Eve Ideas.
NEW YEARS EVE IDEA
- balloons (12)
- 12 strips of paper
- 12 easy fast ideas…
- Easy things found around the house
Your kids will think you are cool.
Take the 12 strips of paper and write ideas on them. Here are a few:
- ‘Paint’ with shaving cream
- Have a snowball fight
- Eat a cookie
- Read a story in front of the fireplace
- Have a thumb war
- Sing a song
- Clean the bedroom (ya have to have one chore in there)
- Balloon Volleyball
- Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows. YUM.
- Call Grandma and wish her Happy New Years!
- Turn on the music and dance like it’s 1999
- Tell a favorite memory from 2010
Roll up the strip and place it in the balloon. Blow that sucker up and tape it to the wall. Any wall will do…even on the top of family pictures (note: I covered up my kiddo’s pics with balloons. They thought it was fun to discover who’s picture was under it.)
Write on the balloons a time starting at 1 pm and counting down to midnight. On each hour have the kids pop a balloon and discover the ‘game’.
Note: **Be careful with the balloons. They can be a choking hazard for those little one who put things in their mouths.** I know you know this, but just to sound like your mother I thought I’d add it!