A perfect New Year’s Eve night spent for me is in my own house with my kids. I love having my kids around and just playing games, eating yummy treats and just doing fun things as a family. I’ve been thinking there’s got to be some fun ways that I can take our parties up a notch….and I was right! Here’s 18 great ways to celebrate the New Year in a kid friendly way! Enjoy!
1. Fill up those champagne cups with fun cupcakes instead!
2. Make some Countdown Goodie Bags! Includes free clock printables!
3. Be sure to make some noise makers! Lots of fun ideas here!
4. Take time to help them remember their year with this Year in Review worksheet!
5. You could even pull out the video camera and do a Video Interview with the kids. Details here!
6. Make a New Year’s Time Capsule. You could make this during your party, or even during the whole year and look over it during your party!
7. What’s funner than some photo booth props for the kids? This would keep a couple of my kids busy all night long! Ha!
8. Help the kids make a Monthly Journal for the new year. Adorable!
9. Make a Sundae Bar with a few sprinkles and candy melt. YUM!
10. How about an easy and fun way to bring in the New Year? Try these Balloon Countdowns! The ideas are even included!
11. Make a Wishing Tree for the New Year. Help your kids think about the things they want to accomplish during the new year by adding it to the stars!
12. Make some New Year’s Eve POP! Corn. Loving the edible sparkles!
13. Speaking of sparkles…make a Sparkly Ball to drop at the end of the party!
14. The kids will love this one! How about some fun Gumball Tic Tac Toe? They can even eat the pieces when they are done!
15. Serve easy, kid-friendly treats with these adorable martini glasses and a cookie on top!
16. Transform the Christmas Tree into a New Year’s Tree filled with fun activities!
17. This would surprise the kids – lace your Oreo Pops with Pop Rocks – it’s like eating fireworks! Ha!
18. Or make some New Years Confetti Clock Cookies – these would be a hit with my kids! ADORABLE!
I’m looking forward to our night in and excited to try out my newly found ideas! Happy Celebrating!