18 Ways to Avoid the Summer “Brain Drain”
You know how summer has so many possibilities for lots of fun and learning and memories? And then on about week 2 it all goes down the drain (or is this just me? ha!)? I’ve been thinking there’s got to be some fun and easy ways for kids to learn and still have fun, you know so they can avoid the summer brain drain. It’s a real thing, at least at my house! Hopefully you can use some of these great ideas to help at your house too!
1. Teach kids to code. Love this idea. My 12 year would love to do this too I’m sure!
2. Make a tangram busy bag. Perfect for the older kids too!
3. Learn with hopscotch. My kindergarteners would really love this sight word game!
4. Your kids can practice their counting and their fine motor skills with this fun beading activity!
5 – 9. 5 great tips to keep your brain active this summer. Love the reading project and earning book bucks!
10. This fun mama does “tabletop surprises” for her kids. They never know what activity they’ll be doing each day.
11. Logistics on how to get kids to do their summer work, including having a set schedule.
12. Amazing ways to keep up your summer writing!
13. Some great lists to give us ideas for summer reading!
14. Speaking of reading, have you seen our latest FREE summer reading printables? Now the bingo cards come empty so you can fill them out yourself!
15. Color by number. I know my kids learning their numbers would really love this! It would keep them occupied too!
16. How fun is this? This fun mama has put together a summer bucket list and even made fun badges for the kids to earn! You can download her badges to use too! Hurray!
17. Math Jenga. Make learning fun!
18. Try this stick art kit out for size. An inexpensive DIY that will help kids learn their shapes!
So many great ideas to help us and our kids have a happy productive summer! Enjoy!