Hi. My name is Bobbi and I’m a Subway White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie addict.
Am I alone?
If you love these soft, delicious, heaven-on-earth cookies as much as I do, then you’re going to become my new BFF. I’ve been looking high and low for a recipe that comes even CLOSE to the cookie I dream about at night (don’t judge because I crave differently than you.) I found a recipe that is easy, amazing, and is better than any store-bought version. I promise. Are you ready? Let’s meet the ingredients that will make all your cookie-lovin’ dreams come true:
- lb butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 1⁄4 cups all purpose unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1(12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
With the exception of the nuts and (maybe) the white chocolate chips – this recipe calls for stuff you’ve most likely already got on hand at home. The other thing I’ve found is, this dough recipe is a great base for all kinds of cookies – just add whatever you like most!
Let’s get this show on the road! Here is the how-to:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. This prevents the cookies from sticking and makes for easy clean up!
2. In a mixer, whip the butter until light and fluffy. I use the paddle attachment. Whip it – whip it good. Don’t feel bad – your butter likes it.
3. While the butter is getting whipped, you’ll want to let the flour, baking soda, and salt get to know each other in a separate bowl. Whisk them together. They aren’t ready to join the party, just yet. Let them chill out to the side for a bit.
4. You thought whipping and whisking was rough? Now you’re about to get psycho on these macadamia nuts. You want these bad boys cut down to size – bite-size, that is 🙂 Use your food processor to densely chop these babies, or (if you want to get personal) pour these guys in a large ziploack bag and use a mallet to break them up. It’s a great way to release any frustrations you might have – I mean, you should be relaxed to enjoy these 🙂
5. Once the butter is light and fluffy, add in the brown and white sugars and mix until smooth.
6. Add in the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture – one egg at a time. I like to crack mine into a small container before adding so I have a chance to catch any rogue shells that are trying to crash the party. Ain’t nobody invited you egg shells!
7. Add in the vanilla – he likes to show up late to these shindigs, but we don’t care – he brings the flavor to the show. Mix well.
8. Okay, flour mixture – you can join in now. Our get together just isn’t complete with out you. Stir just until combined (you might need to scrape the sides once or twice.)
9. Mix in the nuts and white chocolate chips. Then try – just TRY – not to eat this by the handful. Okay, yes, there are raw eggs in there, so that’s a no-no; but, really, is that true or is someone just trying to ruin my life?! (yes, I know there is a danger of salmonella – please no letters.)
10. Now is the time to get out a cookie scoop and get those balls of dough out on the dance floor…uh…cookie sheet. These will spread, so make sure to leave enough space in between each.
11. Ooooh, it’s about to get hot in here! Bake those delicious cookies in your 350°F oven for about 10-12 minutes. You’ll definitely NOT want to over bake these, so be sure to check around the 9 minute mark. You’ll be looking for a very light golden color on the edges of the cookie and the top starting to lose the sheen. Remember, they will continue to cook for a minute or two after you remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Every oven is different, so don’t hunt me down with pitch forks and torches if yours needs a little more or less time in your oven. M’kay?
Depending on your altitude, you may want to add a little more or less flour – depending on how cakey you like them. I added a touch more to mine because I like them thicker, but if you want to thinner, subway-esque version, you might like a little less. It’s however you like it best 🙂
I mean, just….. come on. These taste a-mazing. You’ve got to give these a try. You won’t regret it!
Best Ever White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Have we got your cookie-lovin’ mouth drooling, yet? Try out some of our other favorite cookie recipes:
Leave a Reply