Nice Things To Do For Your Wife
We’ve had such great response to this post, it was only fair to create one for us ladies! When it comes to doing something nice for us, most guys want to, they just need things spelled out more clearly. So guys, based on this extensive Facebook conversation…here are 51 things your wife or girlfriend would absolutely LOVE for you to do for her.
Hint, hint: Doing something for your girl without being asked will go a LONG WAY in her book!
1. Make the bed.
2. Take the kids for a whole day so she can be a person, not a mom for a bit.
3. Grab her hand in public.
4. Take her for a walk, sans kids.
5. Plan an entire date from start to finish. Book a sitter, a restaurant, and plan an activity. Promise, she will absolutely love this.
6. Give her a no-strings-attached massage.
7. Give her a spa certificate.
8. Make her laugh.
9. Take the kids on a date. She will love the time off, and love the fact that you are spending time with them. See some kid date ideas here.
10. Buy her a birthday or Christmas gift without asking her what she wants. Put some thought and effort into surprising her.
You can also surprise her by sending her one of the funny birthday ecards from Hallmark.
11. Bring her flowers or chocolates for no reason.
12. Do she makes a meal, do the dishes after.
13. Cook a special dinner. Give it professional chef effort—she’ll be impressed.
14. Send her to get a manicure/pedicure.
15. Look at her and tell her she’s beautiful.
16. Give your phone a break and give your undivided attention to her and your family.
17. Let her pick the movie…even if it is a chick-flick. No complaining.
18. Fill up her car with gas. Wash it and vacuum it too.
19. Surprise her with an entire planned weekend getaway. That would blow her mind.
“Wake me up first thing in the morning, telling me to get dressed. That he has our bags packed and we are headed on a romantic get away. Everything has been done. Kids at the babysitter, house already set to leave. We are good gone for the weekend. No one else just us. If he did this, it would blow my mind.”–Dawn from Facebook
20. Play with her hair.
21. Carry her to bed…and let her take a nap! Uninterrupted.
22. Heat the bed for her.
“Last night my guy put a heating pad on my side of the bed so it’d be warm when I came in more men should do that!!! It was amazing!”–Kelsey from Facebook
23. Pick up everything on the bedroom floor.
24. Book a hotel room for her for a day. Give her a break from the craziness at home.
25. Paint her toenails.
26. Take an active role in planning and preparing for your family (i.e. packing kids’ lunches, wrapping gifts, helping with holidays, etc.)
27. Clean something she normally hates to clean.
28. Put the kids to bed and let her read a book.
29. If she typically does the grocery shopping, do it for her.
30. Make her coffee in the morning.
31. Lead her to the couch, pick up her feet, and give her a foot rub.
32. Give her a gift card and to go shopping.
33. Have lunch delivered to her.
34. Write her a song or a poem.
35. Give her a DIY pedicure/manicure.
36. Prepare a bath for her.
37. Hire professionals to clean the entire house.
38. Dance with her.
39. Get her little gifts. Grab her favorite candy bar when you’re at the store. Get a single rose, some chapstick…sometimes the little things speak volumes.
40. Get in the car and go for a drive.
41. Make her breakfast.
42. Get up with the kids on a Saturday and let her sleep in.
43. Pack a picnic and go.
44. Tell her you love her more often.
45. Write her a love note.
46. Bring home her favorite ice cream.
47. Send her a sweet text during the day.
48. Bring home dinner.
49. Compliment her on something specific.
50. Thank her for something specific.
51. Give her the remote.
Nice Things To Do For Your Wife
There you have it guys…consider this your gentle nudge. And if you want to hear exactly what women want, read this enlightening conversation. Bottom line: it doesn’t have to be big…it’s the small things that add up.
You might also like: