Fabric scraps can easily accumulate if you are a sewer or crafter, but can also be incredibly useful to make fun projects inexpensively. My friend is currently sewing up the cutest owl pillow (see #2) and it got me thinking – how fun to be able to have fabric scraps around the house, so you can whip up a fun gift for just pennies. I rounded up some other great scrap fabric projects to use up those scraps and thought you might enjoy them too!
21 Fantastic Ways to Use Up Fabric Scraps
1. How fun are these scrap fabric bookmarks?
2. This owl pillow looks nice and cuddly for any lucky kid!
3. The perfect belt when you need it super small like my girls do, this scrap fabric belt is so adorable!
4. If you have lots of fabric scraps (and patience) make them into some fabric twine. How fun is this!?
5. This pacifier clips scrap fabric project would make the perfect baby shower gift!
6. Do your kids love counting down to a special event? These fabric chains can be used over and over!
7. Use up that scrap fabric by making your own magnets.
8. This fabric lanyard would be an adorable gift for any teacher!
9. These alphabet bean bags would be the perfect way for kiddos to practice their alphabet!
10. This fabric map would make the perfect decor home idea!
11. Whip up some crazy coasters and you’ve got plenty of spots for all your mugs!
12. Help the little ones learn their colors with this cute Book of Colors.
13. For the cutest mini banners in the world, check these out!
14. Make some adorable fabric flowers for your girls’ hair!
15. Add some easy color to your bedroom with these fabric switchplates.
16. Whip up some adorable bobby pins with this easy tutorial.
17. Keep the doors from slamming loudly while the baby is sleeping with these door mufflers.
18. These plush alphabet letters are a great way for kids to learn their letters!
19. This DIY necklace is super easy to make and affordable!
20. This fun key ring is sure to be a hit!
21. Send those party kids home with their very own goody bag cinch sacks!
Scrap Fabric Ideas
Now I need to start using these scrap fabric ideas to use up my fabric scraps! Happy sewing!