In the US, the third Monday in February is always set aside for President’s Day, the day we celebrate George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, as well as all the other presidents. These kid-approved activities and treats will not only provide great history lessons but will be a ton of fun!
1. What an adorable craft and snack for the kids! Love these President’s Day Cookies!
2. What kid wouldn’t love this Muffin Tin Meal?
3. Help the kids really understand the role of a president by dressing up as one! Super easy way to make a George Washington Wig here!
4. Or maybe they’ll want to dress up as President Lincoln! Great instructions for that here!
5. Just how tall was Abraham Lincoln? What a fun lesson in measuring!
6. What a fun craft! The kids can turn it one way for Washington and the other way for Lincoln! Very cool!
7. President’s Day Coin Bingo is such a fun way to learn, the kids won’t even notice they are learning!
8. For a quick and easy craft, how about making this Rustic Log Cabin? Kids always love gluing things, right?
9. Have the kids make their own Flag Heart and they can even write on the back why they love the USA. Super cute idea!
10. I could see some preschoolers really loving this firecracker hat! Great way to teach patterns.
11. Turn the kids into presidents with this fun craft and writing assignment!
12. Of course we need a President’s Day toilet paper craft included here! Great way to get the kids to use their imaginations!
13. Here’s some great US Presidents Cards that you can use for any type of game such as matching or go fish. Free download included!
14. At this President’s Day party, there was some pretty creative names for the food, like Harry S. Fruitman! Ha!
15. Use some shrinky dinks and your kids can make their own currency!
16. The kids can trace their hands and feet to make this adorable Bald Eagle.
17. What a delicious looking flag! The kids will love making these Snap, Crackle, & Flag Pops!
18. An easy way to build a log cabin and so fun for the kids!
19. Help the kids remember that Lincoln is on the penny by making this Abe Lincoln Puppet.
20. If you need a fun cupcake topper, this one will take the cake!
21. President’s Day Coin Polishing is a great science and history lesson!
What’s your favorite way to celebrate President’s Day? I’d love to hear all your creative ideas in our comment section! Also, for more fun creative crafts and great ideas don’t forget to check out our pinterest boards!