20 Creative Ways to Recycle Plastic Bags
If you have excess plastic bags kicking around and hate throwing away, why not recycle them? What a fun way to save the environment and make some useful and fun things! This is a pretty great list to get you started….I know I’m excited to tackle my plastic bag mess once and for all!
1. Make some pot scrubbers. Seems like we can never have enough of these on hand.
2. Make a reusable snack bag. So handy for picnics and snack time.
3. Talk about recycling your old stuff. This basket is a great way to use up your plastic bags and pop tabs.
4. Have you heard of plarn? It’s yarn made from plastic bags. Steps here how to make it!
5. My kiddos just can’t ever get enough coin purses. These easy to make coin purses would be perfect for them!
6. Make the kids some pretend pom poms and they’re going to have an afternoon of fun!
7. How about fusing your plastic bags together and creating some coasters? So creative!
8. Make a waterproof laundry or fruit picking basket by weaving your bags. Great instructions too!
9. Would you believe plastic bags make a great filler for pillows? Such a great inexpensive way to fill them up!
10. Maybe you could use some flowers that won’t die? These plastic bag flowers look so cute and dainty!
11. Use up those bags on some jump ropes for the kids! What kid doesn’t love jump ropes?
12. Make yourself some slipper sandals. Hey at least they’re waterproof!
13. These darling plastic bag bracelets would be a fun summer craft for kids!
14. Perfect with the pom poms, this plastic bag tutu will make any little girl’s day!
15. Have some fun craft time by making a jelly fish with paper plates and grocery bags.
16. Create a puffier wreath by stuffing those bags inside! Some cardboard, bags, and tape make an inexpensive wreath form!
17. I love how this group is making mats for the homeless from these plastic bags. So many people are being blessed with this project!
18. Does your fabric get caught in the sewing machine sometimes? Tame it with a piece of a plastic shopping bag!
19. If it’s a windy day, how about making a plastic bag kite for the kiddos? So much fun!
20. Use up the rest of your excess bags on some amazing window coverings! The leaves are so fun for autumn time!
Have fun recycling those plastic bags!