What fun family Christmas traditions do you do in your home? I know traditions always make the holidays seem more special. We love traditions at our house but could use some more ideas, so I’ve gathered up 18 of the best Christmas traditions out there – enjoy!
18 Fun Family Christmas Traditions to Make Memories to Last a Lifetime!
1. Each person gets a night before Christmas box. Includes a free printable. The gift could include something comfy to wear and maybe even a fun Christmas movie to watch as a family!
2. Some families like to do a countdown to Christmas by reading a fun Christmas book as a family. Here’s a list of some great books to get started!
3. Make your countdown this year really count, with 25 days of service. What a great idea!
4. Give someone a surprise by giving leaving them a “jingle” on their doorstep!
5. Loving this St. Nicholas tradition that Skip to My Lou enjoys at her house!
6. This is one tradition my family is starting this year. I’m pretty excited about it! It’s called 25 days of Christ.
7. This is a fun family Christmas tradition we always did growing up and one that my family did last year. I know the kids loved it because they are still talking about it! Here are some great tips for teaching your kids about giving.
8. My kids have gotten reindeer food before from friends and they just loved it! Here’s a great recipe to make your own!
9. What a cute idea! There are 12 boxes, each with a different theme and different activities. Grab a box each day and you’ll make tons of memories! Here.
10. Create some magical moments by the Christmas tree. Whether it’s sleeping nearby or telling stories, the kids will always look forward to the fun times laying down by the tree! (Totally one of my favorite Christmas memories!)
11. Anything that involves donating to children in poverty-stricken areas really tugs at my heartstrings. These Operation Christmas Boxes (or something similar) is a fabulous tradition to start!
12. Make a Christmas Pillowcase (directions included) for the kids to use on their pillows during the Christmas season! They’ll be super excited each year to pull out their special pillowcase!
13. This will make such a fun family Christmas tradition! Gather a box of full of groceries for a wonderful Christmas dinner and leave it at the doorstep of someone in need. Ring the doorbell and run. How fun for the kids and a blessing to those you serve!
14. I saw this idea last year and I remember really liking it! Instead of an elf on the shelf, why not focus on these kindness elves? Such a darling idea!
15. This tradition is a fun one! How about writing a letter to your child at Christmas time telling them about how much you love them and appreciate them? Store these letters until they are mature enough to appreciate them!
16. Surprise your kids with a “ticket” to ride the polar express (family car!) Drive around looking at pretty Christmas lights!
17. ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas. Make alone time with you and your spouse a priority. Let’s face it, Christmas time is a busy time and usually focused on the kids. Come up with a fun tradition that will help your relationship!
18. Go on a Christmas light scavenger hunt. Includes a checklist of lights you’ll need to look for!