Bucket lists. They are fabulous. Do you make one? I’ve had friends make a bucket list that they want to accomplish before their next big milestone birthday. I admire them and enjoy reading about their adventures. I’d say it’s time I started on my own bucket list, who’s with me?
1. Fill a truck bed full of pillows and go stargazing. Borrow a telescope from a friend and discover new stars!
2. I’ve never learned a language, but have always wanted to. Especially now that 4 of my kids are learning a 2nd language at school! And living in Tahiti for a few years wouldn’t be a bad perk to learning a new language!
3. A friend of mine did The 365 day project and it was always so fun to be around her. Love the idea of taking a snapshot everyday for a year!
4. Pay your blessings forward with blessing bags. You’ll never know when you’ll come across someone in need.
5. Watch the Olympics in person. I’ve done this before and it’s a blast! I highly recommend it!
6. Write a letter to your future self. It’s easy to forget our goals and dreams. the letter will help you keep your focus!
7. Bake a rainbow Cake for someone special. Doesn’t it look delicious and adorable?
8. This one goes back to #2. Spend time in Tahiti, dining with an ocean view. Yep, I’ll do this someday!
9. Have you been to times square to watch the ball drop? My friend and her husband went this past year and it looked like so much fun!
10. We see need all around us, but to me there’s nothing more fulfilling than helping out those precious children in need. Donate to a great cause. Or even go on a humanitarian trip. Big or small, with everyone working together we can indeed make a difference!
11. Trace your family history. I just helped my daughter learn more about our family history for a Utah Studies class she had and it was so fun for both of us to learn more about our Great Grandparents!
12. Go on an African Safari. You’ll never regret seeing those beautiful animals in person. I lived in Africa for several months years ago and saw many amazing animals. It’s fun and takes your breath away!
13. Get Healthy. Set some fun healthy goals with your family. Burn calories and make memories together, what could be better?
14. Read. My mother’s in a book club and was just telling me about her latest book. It sounded amazing. I really need to take more time to read. Here’s a list of 10 Books that will change your life for the better. I’ve heard of most of these and even read a few. Have you read any?
15. Learn to Save Money and for those who aren’t retired yet, make sure you save for retirement. It will be here before we know it. Talk with a financial advisor and get it done.
16. Learn a new skill. It’s satisfying to create lovely things to enrich our homes and our lives. Learn a new talent to bring out the best in yourself and others! For me, it’s learning how to sew better!
17. This is a great idea, I wonder if I could do it? Go 24 hours without complaining. See how it changes your life. Could you do it? If you take on this challenge let me know in the comments!
So, what are you waiting for? Here’s to making (and accomplishing) our bucket lists!