You’re craving something sweet (but not too sweet), soft (but not chewy), cookie-ish (but not crumbly), pineapple (but not too pineapple-y) and you just don’t know what will satisfy! Yeah, we’ve all been there. I’m here to save your cookie-loving day! These soft frosted pineapple cookies are your answer, my friend.
What do I love about them?
I love how easy they were to make. I love how I had all of the ingredients already on hand (ideal for when those cookie cravings hit.) They tasted like something more elegant than a cookie, which had me picturing myself in Buckingham Palace, nibbling on these beauties with a glorious cup of tea on hand. Okay, I’d take them with milk, but I’d use a tea cup and keep my pinky finger in the air – because.
We shared the video how-to on our facebook page and did we ever get a lot of requests for the recipe. We love you and hear you. And just because you are amazing and wonderful, we are sharing the down low on making these amazing pineapple cookies for you here. You’re welcome.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Let’s Make These Babies:
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tbsp juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Set juice aside for frosting.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Add pineapple and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Drop by tsp 2″ apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes. Do not over bake these babies!
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- While cookies are cooling, combine powdered sugar with just enough reserved juice to get a smooth spread.
- Fill a small ziplock baggie with the frosting and drizzle the frosting over the cookies when they are cool.
That’s it! They don’t take long to cool and using the ziplock trick makes easy work of the drizzling. For even easier frosting, do this step while the cookies are on top of a cooling rack set over parchment paper so the excess drips underneath.
You guys, these are melt in your mouth amazing!!
For more of our favorite cookie recipes, look no further! Check these babies out: