Beach Curls in Less Than 20 Minutes
I don’t know about you ladies, but I’m itching for the summer. It doesn’t help that department stores are already putting out their summer wear and swimsuits. Have you ever wanted to get that beautiful “natural” beach curls look to your hair? I want to share with you a technique that works for ALL types of hair, whether it be short, long, thick, thin, frizzy, or flat straight hair … and no curling or flat iron involved! I present you with a great tutorial to get natural curls without using any styling tool. For best results follow step instructions properly.
1. Dampen your hair with a spray bottle or let it semi air dry after washing it. Do not use a blow dryer. It will alter your natural waves.
As you can tell, I have a lot of waves to my hair, but this works for all hair types!
2. Part your hair into four sections. They don’t have to be sectioned perfectly. If you have thicker hair you may need to make many sections. Tie the section of hair off using hair ties to keep them separated from each other. Spray each section lightly with hair spray.
3. Start twisting your hair in the opposite direction, or in the direction you want your beach curls to be. I twisted mine away from my face. Keep twisting until it tightens to the point it starts to coil on its own.
4. Coil it into a tight bun and then use bobby pins to keep it in place.
5. Blow your hair until it’s dry. The longer you dry it, the tighter your beach curls will be.
6. Undo the bobby pins and take your buns out of their coil.
7. Separate your curls using your fingers and then scrunch to add some body. You can use wide tooth comb or detangling brush to separate.
8. You’re finished! Lightly spray with hair spray, or volumizing shampoo to the roots of your hair and then you’re good to go!
Natural Looking Beach Curls
Something to keep in mind is, obviously, the wetter your hair is to begin with, the longer it takes to dry. The longer you dry the “buns” the tighter the curls will be. This is great for a nice tight curl look! If you have shorter hair, it works better to use more sections. If you have curly/wavy hair, it works best to make your “buns” as tight as possible and dry them for a little longer.
Give it a try! It’s a quick and easy way! For a girl who regularly spends over an hour curling her hair with a curling iron, this is a nice time saver! You can choose your curl pattern by altering the buns. This natural wavy hair is best for a messy bun. With a small effort, you can pull up a natural look. Don’t worry about the imperfect waves because natural hair waves are always imperfect and gorgeous. Besides, perfect beach waves are all about the natural vibe. These heatless beach waves go with different looks easily.
If you’re more into the “hot tool” version of beach waves, we are all obsessed with these curling wands. They work in a variety of hair types (even Andrea’s super frizzy/coarse/thick hair) and hold the curl for DAYS. PLUS, right now, you can use code “HDS50″ to get HALF OFF any of the wands (or product!) making them totally affordable. Check out the the 25mm for a tighter curl that falls out into a beautiful beach wave, or the 32mm for a looser curl.
Do you have any tips on how this will work on your hair type?