You were invited to a potluck cook out – and you completely forgot. It starts in half an hour! You want to “wow” but really? You’ve got minutes to pull something together. I’m here to tell you, you can knock the socks of the potluckers with this recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to come together. And, hey, if you know how to make rice krispie squares, then you are already ahead of the game! (oh, and honestly – if you really only have minutes until a potluck and you already have these ingredients on hand – just grab the oreos and run out the door. I mean, let’s be real – you’ll be too busy grabbing kids’ shoes, yelling for the sunscreen, and hunting for your keys, am I right?) Let’s learn how to make this Cookies N Cream Marshmallow Bars Recipe!
- Approx. 6 cups large marshmallows
- 4-5 sleeves of oreo cookies (about 1.5 regular sized packages or about 30 cookies)
- 1/8 cup butter
- White icing (opt.)
- Oreo crumbs (opt.)
- Mini chocolate chips (opt.)
Disclaimer #1: the actual number of oreos may or may not have mysteriously started to decrease as cookies inexplicably ended up in my mouth. It was the weirdest thing. That’s why it’s a good idea to just get two bags of oreos – you know, for emergency cookie shortages.
- Find a large, microwave-safe bowl and add in the marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high for about 1.5 minutes or until they puff up nice and poofy. Mine took almost 2 minutes.
- While the marshmallows are cooking, time to get those oreos going. If you have a food processor, you will pour those cookies in and pulse until they turn into coarse crumbs. Taste testing at this point is always helpful. If you don’t have a food processor (you are still a good person), just put the oreos in a large ziplock baggie and pummel those babies until you get the coarse crumbs.
- By now the marshmallows are done so take them from the microwave and stir in the butter until well combined. Then quickly add in the oreo cookie crumbs. Stir. You will want to work quickly at this point because it gets sticky. I was too busy getting this step done to stop and photograph it. I know you have imaginations – imagine me looking amazing in my domestic goddess apron, stirring cookie crumbs into marshmallows like a pro.
- Press the mixture into an 8X8 pan that has been lined with some wax paper. Yeah, it’s time for disclaimer #2: I made two big mistakes at this point in the recipe. First, I used a 9X13 pan. That made for mighty thin squares. Second, I lined with tin foil sprayed with cooking oil, which was okay but I know that waxed paper lining would have been divine. Learn from my mistakes – don’t repeat them!
- Now, your squares could be done at this point – just cut into squares and you are out the door in less than 5 minutes! But, hey, I wasn’t going to let the other delicious additions go to waste, so they were going on these babies. I first spread a layer of white icing (from a can – I mean, we’re
lazyin a hurry, right?)
- Then top with the reserved cookie crumbs and the mini chocolate chips. Time to get our drool on!
- Cut into squares and enjoy the ooey-gooey-chocolatey-icingy-amazingness!
Yeah, mine were a little too thin (use that 8X8 pan, I tell ya!) so they were extra gooey, but WHOA NELLY! They were good. Like smack your neighbor good. (Disclaimer #3 – I do not advocate for anyone to smack their neighbor.)
If you make this in an 8X8 pan, it will make around 10-12 squares depending on how large you like your squares.
Cookies N Cream Marshmallow Bars Recipe
A delicious dessert recipe that comes together in under 10 minutes!
- 5-6 cups large marshmallows
- 1.5 pkg oreo cookies (approx. 30 cookies)
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1 cup white icing (optional)
- 1/2 cup oreo crumbs (optional)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add the marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high for 1.5 minutes or until they puff up.
- Meanwhile, crush the oreos into coarse crumbs using a food processor or by placing them in a large ziplog bag and pounding them into crumbs.
- Retrieve the bowl from the microwave and stir the marshmallows and butter until smooth. Quickly add in the cookie crumbs and stir until well combined.
- With greased hands, press marshmallow/cookie mixture into an 8X8 pan, lined with wax paper.
- Optional: Add a layer of icing, cookie crumbs, and chocolate chips as toppings.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
We’re excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program. Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows our audience (you!) to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show your appreciation for content on our website. These stickers are so much fun, and some are even free! If you love our content, you can connect with us by clicking on the “Thank the creator” button at the top of any post on our site.
There are so many fun stickers to choose from and every time you send a paid sticker, you can add a personal message which we absolutely love reading!
HowDoesShe is a collaboration of women and mothers who work hard to bring you yummy recipes, valuable parenting tips, and useful DIY projects and these virtual stickers can translate into direct revenue to support the work that goes into the content that you enjoy on our website.
Your encouragement also keeps the lights on and the diet soda stocked so we can keep bringing you the best of the best.
You can find the Thank with Google feature in multiple places on our site, including a button at the top and bottom of this and all blog posts, and a button on our sidebar. Try it out and let us know what you think! Thanks as always for your support. We love our readers!
Looking for even more super-fast dessert/snack ideas that you can make the next time you are
lazy in a hurry? Check out some of these amazing recipes:
Quick Delicious Banana Bread Dip : Perfect for Parties
Leave a Reply