*We’re partnering with one of our favorites, Bed Bath & Beyond, to bring you these cool baking hacks!
The beginning of holiday baking season is here and it seems my mixer is on loop for so many wonderful reasons. There’s something about baking that just makes me happy. It seems I’m constantly creating goodies for parties at my kids’ school, bake sales, and birthdays. I love whipping up fresh bread to go with soups, cinnamon rolls for Saturday mornings, and homemade chocolate chip cookies for my kids when they come home from school.
Baking is such an integral part of family life and I have fond memories of standing next to my mom in the kitchen as she mixed and stirred dough in a bowl, puffs of flour landing on my shirt.
Luckily today we have one of the greatest kitchen inventions in the past 100 years—the KitchenAid Mixer—to make baking a breeze.
We Love Baking Hacks!
Today, my own kids sidle up to me as together we measure ingredients like baking soda and vanilla and add them to the mixer to create delicious smells. The KitchenAid mixer is a heaven-send and I use it daily, not only for baking, but also for some of the hacks below. I’ve used mine so much that after nine years, it was time for an upgrade.
KitchenAid Mixers at Bed Bath & Beyond
If you cook and bake a lot, you’ll love the Kitchen Aid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart mixer.
Make sure to use a Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupon (yes, it works on KitchenAid!)
Better yet, sign up for Beyond Membership for only $29 for the whole year and get 20% off your ENTIRE PURCHASE every single time + FREE standard shipping. No searching for coupons, no savings on just one single item…20% off everything, every time AND free shipping. That’s a deal that’s crazy to pass up on, especially with the holiday season upon us and so many great Bed Bath & Beyond sales coming up!
6 Brilliant Baking Hacks for Your KitchenAid Mixer
Besides all the delectable goodies like cookies, cakes, and breads that you can whip up in a Kitchen Aid mixer, here are some surprising baking hacks you may not have thought about before:
- Making mashed potatoes. No more hand-mashing. Simply put cooked potatoes in your KitchenAid mixer, add some cream, butter, and salt and have perfect creamy mashed potatoes in minutes!
- Homemade play dough. You can use your KitchenAid mixer to easily make your own play dough. Try our pumpkin pie play dough recipe or this popular squishy play dough recipe.
- Shred chicken. Now this is genius! Use your KitchenAid to shred chicken for you. Just use the paddle attachment.
- Homemade butter. There’s nothing more delicious that creamy, homemade butter. But instead of hand churning it, let your KitchenAid do the work! (This video tutorial shows you how.)
- Make guacamole. I’d never thought of this one before, but it’s so smart! Love baking hacks that save time.
- Better-than-store-bought noodles. Make your own pasta using your KitchenAid. Mix the basic ingredients eggs, flour, and salt, then use the KitchenAid pasta roller and cutting attachments.
Baking is a way to unwind. It’s a way to connect with your children and grandchildren by making not only delicious things, but memories too. And although they may make things a bit more messy, I never turn my kids away from the mixer.
And don’t forget to sign up for your Beyond Membership where you’ll get 20% off your entire purchase every time you shop + free shipping. And I’m telling you, they’ve got some GOOD stuff coming up for the holidays!