With 5 kids at our house, Halloween can always be a strain on the budget and our time if we let it. That’s why this time of year I’m always on the lookout for some easy homemade Halloween costumes that won’t break the bank and are fairly simple to make. Here are my latest finds.
15 Easy Homemade Halloween Costumes That Won’t Break the Bank
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a favorite at our house, this one might just be the perfect solution for my 9-year-old boy who’s outgrown the cartoons, but still wants to dress up. I might even dress up with him! Here.
2. Another perfect one for my 9-year-old boy. Lego Man Costume is here with great instructions.
3. Oh, this one has got to be one of my favorites. But of course, how could you go wrong with Mary Poppins? Here.
4. Now, this is one creative family, I’ve never seen camping look so adorable! Here.
5. Minecraft fan at your house? Mine too! Several. Here‘s a great idea, includes FREE printables for the head!
6. My 6-year-old twins want to be Anna and Elsa, so maybe the 2-year-old baby will have to be Olaf. That would be so adorable. So glad I found these instructions!
7. Easy no sew Kristoff costume, you’ll never guess what she made the tunic out of! Here.
8. Minion Costume – dig out that yellow hoodie and overalls, or find some at your local thrift store and your costume is almost done! Check out the details here!
9. This Hot Air Balloon costume will definitely catch everyone’s eyes. So creative! Here.
10. Olympic Inspired Costume – I’m kind of liking how easy this one could be. Might not even have to buy anything! Hurray! And it’s super cute too! Here.
11. Peter Pan was at our house last Halloween. Totally made the costume, totally could have used this tutorial.
12. Have a kid who likes to fly? These jet packs are a must! Here.
13. What a cute costume for a budding artist! Here.
14. Train costume …. start saving your cardboard boxes and get out your craft supplies. This will show you what to do.
15. A costume from a pillowcase? Yes please – that’s brilliant. R2D2 – with easy to follow directions. Here.
16. Aye Matey, it’s Pirate time! This site includes a free downloadable template to help you make those pirate eye patches! Add a bandana headscarf and you’ve got a pirate on your hands!
17. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back! This is such a fun idea and you’ll never guess what they used for the shell! I really wish my 9-year -old would go for this one!
18. Dinosaur Hat made from paper. Super creative, I’m wondering what else I could make with this same concept? Just add some green sweats and you’re done! Here.
19. Very little sewing required here for this adorable Poodle skirt. I have some girls who would dig this! Here.
Budget-Friendly Easy Homemade Halloween Costumes
Are you making homemade Halloween costumes this year?
Check out some other great Halloween Posts!