Celebrating New year’s and traditions seem to go hand in hand. What a great time to pause and reflect on our past and how to improve our future. Loving these 18 traditions, hope you can enjoy them too!
1. Do you eat any lucky food? Here’s a list of 5 foods you should eat for good luck! Might have to do this this year! Ha!
2. Speaking of eating lucky food, How about this Black-Eyed Pea Dip? Looks delicious to me!
3. Make a Family Time Capsule! Includes great ideas of what to include.
4. Make a Family Bucket List. Write down everything you want to do as a family during the new year!
5. Get out that video camera make a Yearly Video with Interviews. Tons of questions you can ask too!
6. We did this last year and it was so great, I think we’ll start it up again! Make a Good Things Jar. Write down the good things that happen throughout the year and read them all during your New Year’s Eve party!
7. Make Predictions for the New Year and see how everyone did during the following year’s New Year’s Eve party!
8. Create a Family Word of the Year. This will help your entire family remember and work towards your goals!
9. Be together with family, playing games like dodge ball or filling your rooms with balloons for the kids to pop! Ah so much fun! Here.
10. Every year document the kids’ hand prints with some Happy New Year Hand Print Art!
11. Help your kids (and you!) set some new year’s resolutions with this easy Resolutions printable! Love it!
12. Every year take a picture with the family and the new year’s digits. This would be so fun to compare throughout the years!
13. Instead of making resolutions, make New Year Predictions instead! These would be fun to read the following New year’s Day the next year!
14. Make a quick Time-Capsule Mason Jar. As your guests arrive, have them write on a slip of paper a fun memory from the year. Each hour of the party someone reads a memory for everyone to enjoy!
15. Similar to the Good things Jar, you can make a Gratitude Jar. Use this throughout the year to remember the things you are grateful for!
16. Write down a bad habit or negative personality trait and toss it in the fireplace! The kids would love this one! Here.
17. Start with something NEW! Go on an outing with friends or family and do something completely new! What a great way to try new things!
18. Make a Midnight Care Package! Add fun gifts for the kids and paper fortunes for the adults!
May we all have a safe and joyful New Year’s! Happy New Year!
Leave a Reply