One look at these dreamy garden lanterns and you’ll think you’re on the set of a Nicholas Sparks movie. You can boost your yard to romance novel status with just a few simple lighting additions. To help you turn your backyard space into a romantic oasis, I’ve rounded up these 15 ways to create outdoor lighting.
15 Garden Lanterns that Will Transform Your Yard
2. If you’re lucky enough to have a large tree in your backyard, string it with lights and adorn it with hanging mason jars with firefly lights in them.
4. This backyard space is simple and so beautiful. I especially love the hanging wire basket lighting.
6. Who says you need to live in the country for a gorgeous backyard? Lighted paper lanterns really make a statement in this urban space.
7. And this is just magical—lights strung around hula hoops.
8. This is awesome! Turn old (think your grandma’s) light fixtures into hanging lanterns!
9. I wish I had steps up to my house to place these pretty metal garden lanterns. I love the nautical feel of the rope handle.
11. These DIY upcycled lantern vases would be lovely outdoors.
12. I love the beachy feel these wicker lanterns imbue.
13. The cool purple garden lanterns really transform this outdoor space.
14. I totally have to try this: make your own citrus infused outdoor candles using olive oil and lemons.
15. Although these are on the beach, I think they’d make beautiful garden lights. Simple sitting mason jars and firefly lights.
And now I’m in the perfect mood for a nice romantic page-turner.
You might also like: