15 Brilliant Ways to De-Stress and Gain Peace
Between running kids to school, piano, sports practices and scouts, life can get pretty stressful, don’t you think? And then throw in the laundry and housework and feeding your family each day and it can get down right discouraging if you let it. I’ve been really working on letting go of stress, even in stressful moments and instead focusing on peace and love. It’s a journey that’s for sure, but here’s a few things that I’ve found are working for me! Maybe they will help you too!
- Declutter Your Life – your home is your sanctuary. Does it cause stress or peace? I’m a big fan of creating a peaceful environment, although I definitely still have work to do here!
2. Use the ritual of a nature walk to calm the nerves and bring in peace. Not only is exercise great for the body and mind, but having a chance to enjoy the outdoors always helps too!
3. Serve those around you. I’ve always felt like when I’m having a pity party for myself, the best way to get out of that funk is to serve others. Giving away part of my heart is a great way to heal it! (Warning- grab the tissues before watching this video!)
4. Take time to meditate and cleanse your mind. Here’s a list of 10 Meditation Tips for Beginners.
5. Quit talking and start doing. Do you spend more time on your to-do lists than actually following through? Here’s a great article about doing, not just talking.
6. Here’s some great calming down tips for kids when they’re angry. I have a hunch most would work for grownups too who need to calm down and refocus.
7. Do you have money/budget worries? That’s a huge cause of stress! Here’s some great ways to get your budget under control.
8. Do you have a bucket list? Creating some goals, things to work on and look forward to can help when times get stressful.
9. How’s the self confidence? Here’s some great tips to gain more confidence and in turn find more peace.
10. Touching on service again, because it’s so important, I’ve found some 21 practical ways to serve, like visiting those who are lonely.
11. Tips for relaxing before bed. Getting a good night’s sleep can definitely help the stress level.
12. Do you turn to food when you’re stressed? Here’s a list of 50 things you can do instead!
13. Do you ever hear yourself say, “I’m just a mom?” You need to stop that and enjoy your season in life, whatever it may be.
14. Eat healthy! These heart healthy treats actually look delicious to eat too! Your body will feel better with healthy food inside of it!
15. And lastly, surround yourself with positive thoughts and quotes. I love printing out quotes and hanging them on my mirror or filing cabinet where I can see them each day. Keep the positive thoughts in your mind and there won’t be room for negativity!
Hopefully these few tips will help us all to de-stress a bit and feel some peace in this busy crazy world!