It’s always hard to see your kids go through disappointments like we did this week at our house. Whether they are 3 or 12 or 18 I think all kids could use some confidence boosters! I think helping them fill up their confidence “bucket” is a great tool to have, that way when those disappointments come, and they always do, they have that bucket full of good confidence to rely on to help them get through those hard times. Check out these ways to raise a self-confident child!
Raise a Self-Confident Child with These Methods
1. Make a Bucket list with your Kids. Help them learn about goal setting and achieving.
2. Teach your kids how to clean, work and how to make mistakes. Here.
3. How does your child do at school? Here are some great ways to boost his or her school morale!
4. Don’t rob your children of the experiences of doing things themselves. They will gain confidence and develop skills when they do things themselves.
5. How’re their manners? I know the kids I see in my neighborhood who have great confidence also have great manners! They go hand in hand. 10 Manners every child should have here.
6. Have a daughter who struggles with confidence? Help them make a Confidence Box!
7. Make your kids a “self-esteem” book and tell them how special they are and why. What a great idea for a Christmas gift or even yearly on their birthday!
8. A fabulous skill for kids to learn and grow in confidence is serving and how to do it the right way – check out Teach The Kids To Serve.
9. This mom has a great lesson she calls “Confidence Cookies” to teach her kids about making good choices and how they lead to greater confidence! Love this!
10. Have you tried doing Daddy-Daughter Dates? I guarantee that will be a great confidence booster! This article gives great ideas and even things to talk about during your date!
Bonus- Love this Growth Mindset Chart to help your child change their thinking! I’ll be printing this out!
I’m super excited to study these ways to raise a self-confident child more and help my kids get through the good times and the bad times. Do you have any to add? I’d love to hear your comments and suggestions!