Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means, we may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase something from a link we post. Don’t worry, it won’t cost you anything. This small percentage just helps us keep the power on and the Diet Coke stocked. We appreciate your support!
One of my favorite parts about decorating for the holidays is bringing out our advent calendar. I look forward to the excitement on the kids’ faces each morning, and I love that it helps them to visually count down to their favorite holiday. Plus, I don’t have to answer the “how many days until Christmas?” question nearly as much!
We know you love counting down too, which is why we’ve put together the ultimate list of advent calendars! From Barbies to Star Wars…we’re got something your kids are sure to love! Of course, my favorite way to count down to Christmas with my children is through devotionals and scripture (have you read about the 25 Days of Christ Kit?”)…but candy and and toys add a little excitement too, right?
1. Star Wars R2-D2 Advent Calendar. For the true Star Wars fans out there…you can even personalize this with your last name!
2. Disney Tsum Tsum Advent Calendar. I’m not kidding when I say my kids would lose their minds over this! They LOVE Tsum Tsums, so opening up doors to a new figure or accessory each day would make them so happy!
3. Balloon Advent Calendar. This idea is simple, but how fun are popping those balloons each night?
4. A Simple, printable DIY This would be perfect for smaller kids!
5. Hot Wheels Advent Calendar Playset. If you’ve got a car lover, this calendar will be a huge hit! Each day brings a new car or toy to play with.
6. Merry Mod Advent Calendar. Looking for a calendar you can reuse each year and fill with your own goodies? This one is super cute–and you can even grab a set of calendar fillers to make things easy on you!
7. Barbie Advent Calendar. What little Barbie lover wouldn’t want to count down to Christmas with a new doll accessory each day?!
8. Fisher Price Little People Advent Calendar. We are big Little People fans at our house, and I love the idea that you have a whole new set by Christmas day!
9. Play-Doh Advent Calendar. Not only do kids get a fun surprise every day, but they can create Christmas Play-Doh projects all month long.
10. Schleich Christmas on the Farm Advent Calendar. People love the Schleich animals and accessories–and this advent calendar gets awesome reviews too! This set makes a great addition to their barn and horse stables, but works well on its own too.
11. Mega Bloks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Advent Calendar. Celebrate the holidays…turtle style! Any TMNJ fans would go crazy over this!
12. Mega Bloks Minion Movie Advent Calendar. I mean, how can you not love the Minions?!? Kids will enjoy building a new minion every day in December!
13. Playmobil Christmas on the Farm Advent Calendar. By Christmas day you’ll have a full farm, an angel, AND Santa. What more could you ask for?!
14. Telluride Advent Calendar. If you’re wanting a cute advent calendar you can use year after year, this one is perfect! Personalize it with your family’s name and fill it with your own fun goodies.
15. LEGO Friends Advent Calendar. People go nuts over these LEGO calendars every year–and for good reason! Not only do kids get a LEGO surprise every day, but each Sunday they can check the brand’s website for building instructions for all of the gifts they received that week. To learn more about the LEGO Advent calendars, you can read about Andrea’s family’s experience HERE. Spoiler alert: they LOVE them!
16. LEGO City Town Advent Calendar. I just love the festiveness of this set! By Christmas you’ll have a perfect Christmas LEGO town!
17. LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar. Many of these calendars will sell out, and there’s no doubt that this will be one of them! Kids will be creating their own space adventures all month long!
19. Muslin Advent Calendar Bags. This is one you can get totally creative with! Hang the bags on your Christmas tree or string them along a fireplace mantle. I love the bright colors!