Good Morning! It’s Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie and I’m so happy to be back to share a delicious spring inspired recipe!
I’m so happy Spring is just around the corner! I love all the seasons but Spring is my favorite… I love to see all the beautiful daffodils, tulips, and iris bloom one right after the other. I also love to enjoy a nice weekend brunch out in the sunshine on the back deck… it just makes me so happy.
Lemon Coconut Muffins are the perfect brunch recipe! Served up with some hard boiled eggs and a tall glass of OJ~ MMMmmmm.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup lowfat buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/3 cup applesauce, room temperature
- 1/3 C coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- toasted coconut flakes, garnish
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar, coconut flakes, and sea salt; whisk to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl combine buttermilk, applesauce, coconut oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in wet, stir until just incorporated.
- (don't over mix)
- Divide batter into liners; filling about 2/3 the way full.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top and lightly press to adhere.
- Bake 13-17 minutes until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center removes clean.
- Cool on cooling rack.
This recipe is SO quick and easy to make! Just a few ingredients and you’ll be putting these in the oven in no time…
Just mix the dry and the wet separately- then make a well in the dry, pour in the wet, and mix until just incorporated. Divide batter into lined muffin tin and top with toasted coconut flakes.
I hope you and your family love these Spring-inspired Lemon Coconut Muffins as much we do!
Here is another spring recipe idea for you to enjoy…
Thanks so much for having me over to visit… I love coming and sharing some of the love from my kitchen with all of you.
You’re more than welcome to come by my place anytime… catch me at www.cookingwithruthie.com
If you liked this, you might like: