- 1 & 1/2 cups cashews,
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or agave nectar)
- 3 tsp. lemon juice & 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- Coconut Flakes to coat
- 1 rounded Tablespoon coconut oil
- In a food processor or blender, blend on high the cashews, rolled oats, honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Measure 1 rounded Tablespoon coconut oil and melt over low heat in a saucepan then add to above mixture and blend again. You may need to add a little extra oats and keep blending until the consistency is dough-like and will hold its shape. Also, taste the mixture at this point to see if it needs a little more lemon flavor.
- Add lemon juice to taste. Using a spatula, scrape mixture into a small bowl or plastic container.
- Refrigerate or feeze for 10 -20 minutes.
- When mixture is chilled, use a melon baller, teaspoon or other small scoop and make 1 inch balls.
- Now, roll each ball in coconut flakes until they are completely covered.
- They can be eaten immediately or stored in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.
For even more delicious, healthy Christmas recipes, and the how-to’s, CLICK HERE!