- 8 oz. semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped or use chips
- I used Ghirardelli chips from the local supermarket,
- but my favorite high quality chocolate to work with if you can get your hands on some is Valrhona.
- A few other great chocolates out there are Callebaut and Scharffen Berger.
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Zest of 1 organic orange
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature and cut into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup – for shine and a little sweetness
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the cream and orange zest in a pot until it comes to a boil; remove from the heat and allow it to steep for 20-30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate, butter, corn syrup and salt in a small bowl.
- Strain the orange infused cream over the chocolate and butter. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until melted.
For the amazing (and easy) Brioche Doughnut recipe and how-to, CLICK HERE