The beginning of a new year is always a great time to reevaluate our spending habits and get back on a good plan for our finances. Especially after the holidays, who can’t use a few new ideas of ways to save money? I’m loving these tips and I hope you can find them helpful too!
Ways to Save Money and Get your Budget Back on Track
1. Have you seen the 52 Week Money Challenge? It’s genius and one of the easiest ways to save money. This is a great way to save for that vacation you want to take! Includes a PDF you can print out!
2. I’ve never really thought about this one, but The Half Payment Method sounds like a great way to spread those bills out over the entire month.
3. Pay your mortgage as if there were 13 months in the year, so each month a little extra is added to the principle. Awesome! Click here for more details!
4. Have you thought about making your own Laundry Detergent? Get all the details here!
5. How’s the heating bill lately? I know I’m always bumping the degrees down in our house as one of the ways to save money. Here are 24 Easy Ways to Reduce Your Heating Bill. My husband will be glad that there are other options too!
6. How’s the grocery budget? Here are 10 Easy Ways to Save Money on Groceries. Love these!
7. Putting gas in our cars is always the pits! Here are 11 Ways to Save At the Gas Pump. Awesome tips!
8. Plan a Menu. Guaranteed this will help cut back on the last minute takeouts!
9. Have you tried replacing those paper towels and tissues with rags and handkerchiefs? Great way to stop throwing your money away!
10. Replace your household cleaners with a natural, cheaper solution. Click here for all the details!
11. Make your lunches the night before your work day and save by eating a packed lunch!
12. I use this one personally and love it! I never spend lots of cash on expensive stain removers anymore! Fels-Naptha is my go-to for all stains in this house.
13. Every time you buy groceries ask for an extra $20 in cash. Add this to a hard to access bottle and you’ve got yourself a paid for vacation by the end of the year! Check it out here.
14. I love this idea of Using Things Twice. Think about what you have that you can reuse before tossing or washing… laundry, tin foil, gift bags, plastic grocery bags, etc… find more ideas here.
15. Speaking of laundry, how many people use a clothesline? Here are 9 Reasons to Use a Clothesline. Love these ideas!
16. As a stay-at home mom I’m constantly swapping babysitting with my friends. It’s a life saver and neither one of us has to pay for babysitting! Here’s some more great tips for Saving & Making Money as a Stay at Home Mom!
17. Have you tried couponing? Here’s a great article for beginners. I haven’t done this much, maybe it’s worth looking into though, this author saves $200-$300 a month!
18. Cut back on prepackaged snacks and make your own. Check it out here!
19. Start Small and Make It Automatic. Have an extra $10 per week from your paycheck automatically go into your savings account. I’m guessing you won’t even notice the $10 gone, but by the end of the year you’ll have $520!
20. This author has over 10 fabulous ways they were able to cut costs and stick to a budget. Among other things, I love her list of bulk items she buys at Costco. Super helpful!
Bonus: A list of 6 Savings Accounts that you should have! Great ideas here!
So, here’s to a new year of setting money goals and reaching them! We can do it!