Every huge act of Awesome starts with just one Drop. I’m a big believer in how small things can generate amazing results. They build on each other over time and they build momentum so the more you do, the more you want to do. Here are twenty mini-missions you can do in a minute or less that will make you happier and lead you to bigger and better things:
1. Square Breathing – Find a quiet place and breathe in for four slow counts, hold the breath for four slow counts, breathe out for four slow counts, and hold it out for four. This calms your mood and oxygenates your brain to help you think more clearly and problem solve.
2. Child’s Pose – Sit on your knees and fold forward at the waist, stretching your arms out in front of you and letting your head drop to the floor. Breathe and sink into the pose, stretching out your back and hips.
3. March in place while you brush your teeth.
4. Practice Active Listening – Carefully listen to your child the next time she is speaking. Rephrase and repeat back what she says to you. This lets her know you understand her and encourages the conversation to continue.
5. Set a timer and delete or respond to as many emails as possible in one minute. Repeat and see if you can beat your record.
6. Turbo organize one drawer or shelf in your kitchen.
7. Dust your bedroom with your socks before putting them in the hamper.
8. Pull everything off your fridge and put it in your “to file” pile, toss it, or sort it. A clean fridge is good for the soul.
9. Neck Stretch – At a stoplight or as you’re waiting for the water to boil at dinner, gently pull your head to one side and repeat on the other.
10. Put a love note in your husband or boyfriend’s car. (Choose one. It won’t mean as much if you put a note in both cars.)
11. After you wash your hands, buff the sink faucet. 30 seconds to a cleaner-looking bathroom.
12. Write three things you’re grateful for today in your journal.
13. Put a trash bag in your car today to keep it neat tomorrow.
14. Heat a wet sponge for 30 seconds in the microwave. Then use it to wipe down the walls of the device. If you also want to disinfect the sponge, heat it for 2 full minutes.
15. Put a phone jail box or basket on your kitchen counter where you can put your device when you don’t want to be tempted to glance down at the screen. This works great for dinner time or the first few minutes when you connect with your family members after a long day.
16. Drink a glass of water.
17. Sweep your front porch. Unless you have a huge wrap-around, this should take no time and feels great.
18. Use the leftover water from your dinner cup to water a plant.
19. Lay out your clothes for tomorrow.
20. Stash your key under a neighbor’s doormat.
Leave a Reply