Have you ever tried making your own baby food? I have done it a few times when my kids were babies. It’s a great cost-effective way for them to get all their nutrition! Here’s a list of 20 great recipes you might just want to try!
1. Homemade Rice cereal. Simple and can be made quickly! You can even freeze it! Hurray!
2. If Oatmeal is more their type, here’s a great recipe!
3. Peas and Carrots. Keep it simple with food from the freezer aisle and a blender. YES!
4. Sweet Potatoes baby food. These look delicious and I love how healthy they are!
5. Easy to make yogurt melts. I think even the big kids would like these!
6. Banana Blueberry Puree can be frozen for later and is super healthy!
7. Maybe it’s time for some protein for your baby? If so, try this chicken.
8. Great way to use those delicious pears- make some pear baby food!
9. Make some homemade baby puffs for an inexpensive alternative!
10. Make your own Applesauce baby food puree. Applesauce without the added sugar is always a good thing!
11. This one is for older babies. This baby food lasagna looks like it would be a hit with the babies!
12. Homemade baby teething biscuits have nutritious fruit in them! I’m sure these would be a welcome treat for any teething baby!
13. Make some homemade baby cookies from some baby cereal. Wow what a brilliant idea!
14. How about these potatoes? Why not try this sweet potato mango and ginger puree? Seems like a great combination to me!
15. Make a casserole dish turned baby food with this easy recipe!
16 – 17. Good source of all things nutritious, these potatoes & leeks and quinoa & chicken would be perfect for an adventurous toddler!
18. Is your baby ready for finger foods? These apple squash muffins are loaded with nutrients!
19. For the more adventurous baby, mix up some beef roast puree and vegetables. So nutritious with tons of iron and protein!
20. Once your baby is ready for fruit, this cantaloupe cream sounds like the perfect recipe!
BONUS ARTICLE: our very own Lara has written up all the ins and outs of making baby food in the article, Delicious Natural Homemade baby food, check it out!
As always, be sure to consult your pediatrician for the best advice about when to start your baby on solids and all their nutritional needs. Happy feeding!