20 Crafts to Make With Buttons From Your Grandmother’s Button Tin
Do you remember sifting through your grandmother’s button tin? I sure do! It was always so much fun to see all the different buttons she had collected. Now my mother has her own collection of buttons and needed some fun ideas so she sought my help for how to use them up. I’m loving all these fun ideas, there’s just something so adorable about buttons, don’t you think?
1. Make these adorable ruffle fabric flowers – perfect accessory for any little girl!
2. Everyone could use a bookmark or two, why not fancy them up with some old buttons?
3. Create some colorful bobby pins with your extra buttons, this will make your hair stand out!
4. Decorate your walls with these beautiful button letters! Love the finished product!
5. The perfect craft for summer camp, this bracelet looks easy and fun to make!
6. Make a mini travel game, perfect for long car rides!
7. Wouldn’t this button clock be so cute in your sewing room? And a great way to use up 12 (or more) buttons! Ha!
8. Make a flower snake for your kids to practice their buttoning skills!
9. Use your extra buttons to wrap up your gifts! I also love how they used a label for the tag!
10. Or if you don’t want to label your gifts, make some cute button tags to spruce things up!
11. Make your flip flops stand out from the crowd!
12. Use those buttons on a garland, perfect for hanging on the Christmas tree!
13. How sweet is this adorable lamp shade? Perfect for a nursery or kid’s room!
14. Make a spring button frame to jazz up your office space/craft room!
15. Help your kids learn their colors and fine motor skills with these colorful chains!
16. These crochet flowers would be so fun for embellishing so many things!
17. Make button magnets – great way to keep your notes handy!
18. What a fun way to practice their sewing skills, have your kids make a few fun headbands!
19. What a beautiful and puffy blanket! I love how the white just matches everything!
20. If you’re feeling really ambitious, how about adding a few hundred to your purse? So chic!
I think I better start my own tin of buttons so that someday my grandkids can have something fun to sift through at my house!