Looking for some fun things to do with the kids this winter break, especially on cold or rainy days? Winter can bring ‘blah’ days where you just gotta stay inside. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun! Give the screens a break and try these 17 ways mom beats the winter blahs!
17 Ways Mom Beats the Winter Blahs!
1. My, what a little tape on the carpet can do!
Take a page from this mom’s creative book and make a masking tape target on your carpet. Kids take turns trying to roll it in for points. It’s kind of like indoor bocce ball.
2. Turn empty cereal boxes into jet packs!
3. Get some magnetic letters and go fishing for words in your tub.
4. Pom-pom hockey: make hockey sticks out of empty wrapping paper tubes.
6. Buy a long strip of bubble wrap at your local packing store and let your kids enjoy hours of fun! Bubble wrap run
7. Bring the great outdoors inside—go indoor camping!
8. Freezing cold? Missing the sunshine and warm weather? Have an indoor beach party with all your family and friends! It’s sure to cheer everyone up faster than you can say “limbo!”
9. Have fun and learn something too with this mom’s version of snowball sweeping.
10. Use your duvet cover and a fan to make a really cool inflatable fort!
11. Let them play art with snow windows
12. Who doesn’t love Gak? Your kids will have a blast making this sparkly version of snow slime.
13. Get a roll of butcher paper and let the kids go crazy drawing and creating murals on the floor.
14. Have a Yes-Mom day
15. Use a few poster boards to make a paper airplane target.
16. Cut a pool noodle in half and let the kids have marble races.
17. Turn an empty milk jug into the sweetest DIY storm trooper helmet ever!
No go turn those winter blahs into hoorays!
You might also like:
Leave a Reply