- Oil for frying (we use light tasting olive oil)
- Uncooked Tortillas (we get ours from Costco)
- 1/2 C Sugar & 2 T Cinnamon for mixture
- Pour oil in to a large cast iron skillet about 1/4 inch up the side of the pan.
- Set stove to medium-high heat.
- Take a small stack of tortillas and cut into one inch strips.
- With a small piece of tortilla, test the oil's heat by dropping it into the pan. If the tortilla immediately starts to fry the oil is ready.
- Carefully drop the tortilla strips into the oil without overlapping. Fry for about a minute per side, flipping with tongs.
- Remove from the oil and let drain briefly on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, then serve!