If you’re in a recipe rut, these EASY slow cooker sweet n spicy meatballs are not only delicious, but they are simple to make!
I’ve made them for many a potluck and they always get rave reviews. I really should start just bringing the recipe along with me on index cards because I get asked for it so often. I am so excited to share this with you!
Full disclosure – these are NOT low-cal, low-carb, keto, or gluten free. These are an indulgence. I can’t lie to you, my friends! But they are so scrumptious you will forget all about the diet you are cheating on – mwa ha ha ha!
And as long as we’re being open here – this is the reason they are SOOOO easy. I use frozen meatballs. Let’s be real, being a mom is busy and every now and then I turn to the easy, pre-cooked, frozen foods. Am I the only one? I didn’t think so 😉
Oh, and the secret ingredient that put these babies over the top? Sweet Thai chili sauce. Or, as I like to refer to it: the nectar of the gods! This stuff is sweet, spicy, tangy, and scrumptious with your favorite veggies, spring rolls, meats, rice – basically on anything. Okay, maybe leave it off your birthday cake, but still… so, so, so good!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- frozen meatballs (1 box – or about 30-40)
- Mix together the cold water and the cornstarch in a medium saucepan – stirring to remove any lumps.
- Add remaining ingredients, except meatballs, to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Add frozen meatballs to slow cooker and pour the thickened sweet and spicy sauce over the meatballs.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1-2 hours or until meatballs are heated through. Garnish with sliced green onion (opt.) and serve over rice. *Note: You may want to stir these half way through if you are cooking on high.
Drool, if you have to. I mean….. come on!!
The best part of these is that they can sit in the slow cooker as long as you need. Perfect for the busy woman trying to feed her crew. Sweet, a little spicy, a little sour, and a LOT delicious!!
If you are looking for even more slow cooker meal ideas to turn to on those busy days, you’ll love these ideas: