*This is a sponsored post on behalf of Orville Redenbacher’s, but we truly love this brand. Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn is ridiculously yummy and we know you’ll love it, too!
It happened again.
You were invited to a fun holiday get-together and it totally slipped your mind! It starts in less than half an hour, and you are supposed to bring a treat to share. Do you have time to stop at the store and grab some packaged cookies? I think you have some pickles in the fridge. They’re festive, right?
I have a better solution for you – trust me. This comes together in under ten minutes (including prep time) and will wow the party crowd. And I mean WOW! If you have a microwave, I’m about to become your best friend. I’m going to show you how to make this white chocolate peppermint popcorn funfetti mix.
We all know and love the Orville Redenbacher’s brand
They make the lightest, fluffiest, better than ordinary, most delicious popcorn. Actually, they have made it their passion to create top-quality popcorn, and I can tell the difference!
As you may recall – in my family, we live on popcorn. In fact, we are popcorn connoisseurs. Orville Redenbacher’s really is the best brand we’ve tried – and we have tried them all. They grow only the highest quality, non-GMO, 100% whole grain kernels that pop up lighter and fluffier than ordinary popcorn. To top it off, they’re the only leading popcorn brand who uses real butter.
So, for this recipe – grab your favorite variety of Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn and some other yummy goodies, and let’s get this treat put together!
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher’s microwave popcorn, popped. (I used their Naturals – Simply Salted variety – delish!)
- 1.5 cups white chocolate melts (can also use almond bark, or even white chocolate chips)
- Approx. 1.5 cups pretzels
- 1.5 cups peppermint candy-coated chocolates (can use plain candy-coated chocolates – or even chocolate covered peanuts, almonds – whatever!)
- Christmas sprinkles (opt.)
- If you haven’t popped your Orville Redenbacher’s microwave popcorn, do that and remove any unpopped kernels. Thanks to Orville’s passion for popcorn, his bags of microwave popcorn achieve a 44:1 ratio of popped to unpopped corn. Check out this fun trick for separating the kernels right from the bag!
- Pour the popcorn, pretzels, candies, and sprinkles into a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted (about 1.5 minutes).
- Pour the white chocolate into the bowl and stir – work fairly quickly before the chocolate sets.
The best thing about this recipe is, you can use what you’ve got on hand. Have coconut? Add that. Have peanuts? Add ’em. Have dried cranberries? Boom – add them. As long as you have some white chocolate you can melt, and some Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn, you have the makings of an addictively delicious treat – perfect for sharing. Or…..keeping to yourself 😉
This makes just the right amount to bring to share at a party, or just to enjoy together as a family this Christmas season.
Try some of Orville Redenbacher’s delicious popcorn varieties:
- Buttery Popcorn – From light butter to movie theater butter, there are 8 delicious buttery varieties everyone will love
- Sweet & Savory Popcorn – Satisfy your sweet tooth or cheese fix with Kettle Korn, Caramel and Cheddar Cheese popcorn
- SmartPop! – Same beloved fresh-popped taste, 94% fat free and only 15 calories per cup (popped!)
- Naturals – Naturally delicious, with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- Skinnygirl Popcorn – Fewer calories, quality ingredients – flavors with a real twist
- Kernel Popcorn– Fire up the stovetop and enjoy non-GMO project verified, Gluten Free & 100% Whole grain popcorn