It’s good to be prepared in the car whether it’s a road trip or even a quick trip to the grocery store or ballgame, you never know when emergencies will come. We went on a road trip last weekend and it got me thinking about how prepared we were for emergencies and what items to have in your car at all times. Here are a few great ideas to help you be prepared and make sure you are ready for any emergency!
Items to Have in Your Car at All Times to Ensure You are Prepared
1. Of course, you’re going to always want to make sure you’ve got booster cables in there. Nothing worse than needing to be jumped and nobody has cables!
2. On our road trip, both of our phone’s batteries died. The trip home was better after we purchased a USB Mini Car Charger. Super handy to have! When you’re traveling, you never want to be without a phone (or a charger)! You can purchase one from Amazon here!
3. First Aid Kit. Perfect for the home and the car. Love the list of recommended items to include!
4. Food is always good, like water and energy bars. You’ve got to be able to sustain your energy, in case help takes time to arrive.
5. A weather radio will help you know the conditions of the weather and the road.
6. Don’t forget the baby (or even kid) supplies: toilet paper, wipes, diapers, baby blanket. More than once have we been relieved to find our stash of diapers and wipes in the car!
8. Need that car organized? You’ll love this Backseat DIY entertainment organizer. Brilliant!
9. Don’t forget the plastic bags. These empty Lysol containers will hold a whole bunch!
10. You’ll want a folding shovel. This is especially good if driving in winter conditions and the snow is in your way.
11. Of course a spare tire, jack and tire iron are important items to have in your car at all times. Make sure the spare is in good working condition!
12. Make sure your car has some emergency blankets. You never know when you’ll need them! Perfect for those cold soccer games or getting stranded!
13. Ever heard of a breakdown kit? Love this cute tin and all the great ideas shared! Clean pacifier, extra cash and hand sanitizer are just a few of great ideas mentioned.
I hope this list of items to have in your car at all times helps you be more prepared for whatever may happen.