A beautiful time.
Some of you glow.
Some of you have thickening beautiful hair.
Some of you can rock non maternity skinny jeans till your delivery date.
And some of you, like me, might feel like your body got hit by a Mac truck. Some of you might not fit into double your normal size maternity clothing. And some of you just might not FEEL cute (Even though we all think you do!)
Wherever you sit on the pregnancy scale of things, we find EVERY woman likes to look and FEEL her best at ANY time, but especially when your body is growing, changing, and doing it’s most important work of growing life.
This is why I was THRILLED when Stitch Fix announced they were launching a maternity line!
What a better time to treat yourself with a personal styling session.
Now for those of you who AREN’T Prego, don’t you worry. They do “regular” clothing as well. You can see one of our experiences with that HERE.
A brief overview of Stitch Fix for those of you unfamiliar.
It’s a box of clothes/accessories (5 items), tailored exactly to your style and body type.
Here’s how it works:
1. You get online and fill out a “style profile”. Tell your stylist everything. What you like. What you don’t like. Areas of your body you like to emphasize or hide. What you like covered or don’t. What colors are your favorite, etc. etc. Stitch Fix stylists also ask for your PINTEREST BOARDS to nail your style down. (Some, like to start a “Stitch Fix” only board!) You can also tell them if you have a special occasion or vacation coming up. IT’s also important to be clear about your price points. I asked to stay in the $50 range.
2. You schedule a delivery date. Again, you can do it once or monthly or anything in between!
3. You are charged a $20 STYLING FEE. This fee will apply automatically towards product if you decide to keep items from your Stitch Fix Box. If you don’t keep anything,, you do lose the $20.
4, You wait. Anticipate. And when that box arrives, it’s like Christmas day!
5. When your box arrives, you get to try on everything from the comfort of your own home. No fitting my big ol’ belly into a dressing room.
(PS Once, when I was pregnant with my twins, I went to try on maternity clothes. I got a shirt STUCK on my belly and was left in the dressing room, alone, trying to get it off for an hour. This is not a lie.) There’s also a note from your stylist AND a style sheet with suggestions of how to wear the included pieces.
6. Decide what you want to keep. Send back (in an included, prepaid shipping bag)what you don’t. You “check out” (online), providing feedback to your stylist for next time.
ALSO, if you DO decide to keep all 5 items like I did, you get 25% off everything in the box. I really wanted everything in my box except one thing, but I knew if I kept it, I would get 25% off everything, and essentially walk away with a free shirt due to my savings.
7. Enjoy your new clothes!
I LOVED the experience and honestly, my stylist was pretty RIGHT ON with my pieces. I will add, some say it takes a 2-3 boxes for your stylist to nail your style.
You can, on your checkout, ask for the same stylist each time or for a new one.
Here is what was in my Stitch Fix for my little growing belly.
3-pack Maternity Cami’s ($44) – You mean I get one in every basic color?! UM YES PLEASE! This maternity staple every pregnant woman’s dream! They are perfect for layering and the material is perfect for helping to ‘keep things together’ if you know what I mean. 😉 And they are super long so I’ve even been wearing them as a slip under my dresses! Super impressed with the quality and pricing. -KEEP!!!!
Maxi Skirt ($58)– Summer + pregnancy = maxi skirts – I was honestly a little hesitant about the price on this one, but once I added the white layering cami and long sleeve knit Cardigan I couldn’t resist. -Keep
You can also buy gift cards to Stitch Fix. What a fun shower gift!