I’ve been giddy the past week!
I seriously couldn’t WAIT to tell you about our new best friend – StitchFix. When I posted about StitchFix on our Facebook page, our readers went crazy with questions and an overwhelmingly positive response!
I heard about StitchFix from several girlfriends first. You know when your girlfriends are raving about it, it has to be somewhat intriguing! My curiosity was peaked; however, let me tell you a little about myself.
I don’t consider myself to be OUT of style, but style isn’t something I think about daily. I don’t read fashion blogs. I don’t peruse Nordstrom every day. The majority of my wardrobe are brands I like (J. Crew, Ann Taylor, Gap etc.) but from second hand stores. I’m too cheap to spend a lot and too busy to shop – period. I live the majority of my life in yoga pants and sweaters. I spend lots of time in my house working and playing with/corralling my 4 young children. My clothes can often be found with some spot of bodily fluid.
The problem is, I’m getting to reach the point in my life where I don’t want 150 shirts from Forever 21. Not that anything is wrong with that per say, but for me, my style is pretty consistent and I’m looking for quality more than quantity.
I felt like it was the right time to try StitchFix.
So. Wondering what it is?
In short, StitchFix is a personal stylist to your front door.
Here’s how it works:
1. You fill out a personal style profile online. I was SUPER specific (and glad I was!). In mine, I told them I had 4 young kids. I worked from home. I preferred clothes that were modest. I told them I had a concern with my post twin belly and hated clingy fabrics. I preferred less expensive items (I wish I had been MORE specific with that). Ladies, I even told them my (true) weight! GASP. I loved that they asked me for my Pinterest “clothing” board. Your Pinterest board can REALLY help them NAIL your style.
2. You pay them $20. This $20 is for their time to put together the clothes for you. This $20 is applied as CREDIT for the actual items. So, the $48 designer jeans I fell in LOVE with? I already paid $20, so I only pay $28 more. Clear?
3. They pick out 5 items, based on your style profile and send it to you on the date you request. You get this delicious box of AMAZINGNESS delivered to your door and do a happy dance when you see it. Or, at least, I did…..
4. You try on the clothes at HOME. This is probably my favorite part. No more dressing rooms where I’m trying to nurse the baby with one arm and corral two 3 year olds from crawling under the doors to wave at the half naked lady in the room next to me (you know it’s happened to you). I tried everything on in my bedroom. My husband offered his opinion. Stress relief!
5. You pick what you want, and send back what you don’t. They provide a prepaid envelope. What you don’t like, send back. Then you just log in to your account and pay for what you want to keep – if any. (Oh, and if you get a WiLd hair and want to keep it all, you get a 25% discount)
Clear as mud?
Feel free to ask any questions you might have on this post or on our Facebook page and I’ll do my best to respond.
Ready to see what I got?
Can I just begin by saying, I AM NOT A FASHION BLOGGER.
I’m not going to try to be one. Please don’t judge too harshly at these awkward photos you are about to subject yourself to. You can’t unsee this.
Just focus on the clothes……..
The first thing I saw in my box was a style card. A nice note from the stylist with a few outfit ideas of how to style the pieces that were sent. I LOVED that!
THEN….this beautiful stack of great smelling clothes….
1. Chaplin Hooded Anorak Cargo Jacket $88.00
I’ll be honest, I saw the price and said “NO” but I had to try it on. I have seen these coats all over Pinterest! This one I liked, but it was a touch too big.
(PS This photo is so my life….but usually I have a baby in my arms too!)
2. Pinson Drape Cardigan $54.00
I loved this cardigan. It’s feminine and delicate and made me feel pretty. I did have two small concerns. First, I had no idea what to wear under it.
Second, the fabric was too delicate. I have kids pulling on me constantly and I don’t want clothes that make me worry about something happening to them. I loved it, but it wasn’t conducive to my lifestyle.
(Note: That red background? Our barn. I was standing in cow poop in my heels in this high fashion picture. ha. #reallife)
3. Filbert Abstract Striped Henley Blouse $58.00
This is the first thing that caught my eye in my box. LOOOOVE it. The color is great, the fit is great and I can dress it up or down. The price point is high for a shirt but I heart it so much. And yes, it was windy…I think I could fly to Hawaii on that hair!
VERDICT: I can’t decide. No seriously, I can’t. HELP.
4. Marian Line and Drops scarf. $34.00
Cute scarf, but not something I will wear much right now. I’m nursing and baby constantly pulls on things around my neck.
5. Parcey Polka Dot Skinny jeans $48.00
(also worn in previous pics)
Oh, I love these. The price point is great for designer jeans. I love the little polka dot detail. They’re perfect to add an extra punch for a casual weekend outfit or throw on with a pair of fancy heels for date night.
So there you have it. My box. Let me first say, Layla (my stylist) pretty much nailed my style. I genuinely LIKED each piece. My one concern is price. I know this isn’t a big box store with $15 jeans; but, I don’t want that. I AM looking for quality. I think I’m going to be more specific about my price point.
My girlfriends say it takes 2-3 boxes to really get into a groove with your stylist. When you “check out” and send unwanted clothes back, you can include a note to your stylist; telling them what you liked and didn’t! Again, BE SPECIFIC!
Overall, I LOVED this service. It was so fun to feel “styled” and get 5 surprises in the mail. I honestly felt like I was doing something for ME which is so rare. Oh, also, if you refer friends, you get $25 in credit – which is pretty sweet!
It’s seriously. addicting. I’ve already scheduled my next “Fix”!
I wouldn’t tell you gals to do something I didn’t really love. So I’m telling you, DO IT. Or have your hubby/boyfriend/grandma gift it to you for Valentine’s Day!
If you have ANY questions, please ask in the comments below! We’d love to see what you get in YOUR first box. Tag us in your IG photos with the #FixHDS, or post to our Facebook wall.
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own.