- 1 – 15 1/2 oz. can garbanzo beans – reserve 1/3 c. of the liquid and drain the rest
- 4 tsp. tahini (If you don’t have it you CAN use smooth peanut butter instead. Not the same, but works.)
- 1-2 T. lemon juice (I like 2 best)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (yep, I’ll take 2)
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 + tsp. salt
- Blend VERY well. Use the reserved liquid to thin the hummus as you blend it for the proper consistency. If you aren’t worried about the fat (apparently none of the commercial producers are – HOLY FAT GRAMS) you can add olive oil for a really creamy consistency, and no doubt richness as well. Roasted peppers, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and any number of herbs give hummus different flavor, so add what you like.
For more delicious and healthy dip recipes, CLICK HERE!