With the holidays past us, clean eating has been on my mind. I am eager to lose some weight before spring comes and before my coat that have been hiding my extra pounds is put away. So, I’ve had no sugar all this month, eating veggies everyday and been drinking TONS of water. I feel great! Since I run and workout on a regular basis, I like to incorporate creative ways to use protein powder in my diet. It helps me set the day to eating right, and I always stay full for a few hours after I have protein powder.
Usually in the morning I like to have a protein shake filled with fruit and veggies and lots of ice. But recently my fitness coach sister has introduced me to some yummy alternative protein powder recipes that are quickly becoming some of my favorites. Here are my 5 favorite protein powder recipes that don’t require you to get your blender out. Each one is sugar free with no flour.
5 Creative Ways To Use Protein Powder
1. Overnight Oats. I just love this recipe so much that I actually get really excited to eat breakfast in the morning. It’s so yummy, but the kicker is you’ve got to remember to prep it the night before.
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup coconut or almond milk
1 scoop of protein powder
1 tablespoon chia seed
1 tablespoon almond butter
1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
maple syrup to taste (if you want it really sweet or using unflavored protein powder)
Mix all the ingredients, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 5 hours before eating. Top with blueberries and banana slices. Enjoy!
2. Tasty Protein Pancakes. When I eat these pancakes, I am seriously full until late afternoon. They keep me energized all day!
Tasty Protein Pancakes
4 egg whites
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1 spoonful of almond butter
one tsp of cinnamon
1 scoop of either vanilla cake protein powder
Mix all of your ingredients. Spray olive oil on your fry pan and set your stove to medium heat. You can get one large pancake or two medium-sized pancakes. When you place the mix on the pan, it will be thick so you need to bring heat down a bit. Then let it cook and flip.
I always smear almond butter on top of my pancake or fresh fruit. Or to keep it traditional, pour maple syrup or agave on top.
3. Protein Muffins. These are very quick to make. Bake a big batch and store because they are perfect to take on the go.
1 large ripe banana
3/4 cup egg whites
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 scoop protein powder
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tray with cooking spray. Using a beater, mix the ingredients until smooth. Divide the mixture evenly filling the muffin tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked. Enjoy!
4. Peanut Butter Brownies. If I’m craving something sweet, I just pop in one of these brownies and I’m satisfied. These are also really good for an afternoon snack to refuel your body.
Peanut Butter Brownies
A scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder
1 heaping tbsp. of almond butter
1 cup of rolled oats
2 tbsps (or a tad more) of Honey or Agave Nectar
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix all ingredients. You should be able to make 1 inch balls from this and get between 8 to 10 balls.
5. Banana Bites. Oh man. These taste like chocolate ice cream. Seriously they are so delicious. You will think you are breaking your diet rules. But you aren’t because they are healthy! A perfect dessert.
Sliced ripe bananas
Natural Peanut Butter (no sugar added)
2 tbsp of Coconut Oil (melted)
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay the little banana discs on the parchment-covered cookie sheet. Dab natural peanut butter on each banana disc. Melt coconut oil and mix in your chocolate protein powder. Drizzle coconut oil mixture all over the top of the banana peanut butter slices. Freeze. Store the banana discs in a freezer bag in the freezer. Enjoy them frozen or slightly thawed.
Now go and stock up on your yummy protein HERE!
If you’re a fan of protein powder, you might also like these 5 Body Cleanse drinks to get you swimsuit ready, detox your body, and get a natural energy boost!