Dyeing eggs, Easter egg hunts, and dinner with family with all the fixings–Easter is a special time of the year, and it’s the perfect opportunity to gather up the family and have some fun. If you’re looking for fun Easter activities to involve the whole family, look no further! Here are 25 fun Easter activities that everyone will love – from the little kids to the older kids, and everyone in between.
24 Fun Easter Activities the Whole Family Will Love
1. Easter Devotional – Remember the true meaning of Easter and gather your family together to have a devotional. It will add the perfect spiritual touch to the day!
2. Easter Baskets – Make your own Easter baskets with the help of a dollar store! This is a great way to get the whole family involved in the Easter celebrations. Fill the baskets with plastic eggs, jelly beans, and other Easter treats. Or if you’re trying to lay off the sugar, here are our favorite non-candy Easter egg fillers.
3. Easter Egg Hunt – The traditional Easter egg hunt is always a great way to get the whole family involved in the Easter festivities. Hide plastic Easter eggs around the house or yard and have the kids search for them. You can also set up a prize system for the best egg hunters!
4. White Egg Painting – A white egg is a great option for those who want to get creative with their Easter activities. Have each family member decorate a white egg in whatever designs they want. You can also add some food coloring to the eggs to make them even more colorful. Or if you really want to get creative, here are 15 cool ways to dye Easter eggs without dye.
5. Easter Candy – Sweet treats are always a must-have for Easter. Have the kids search for their favorite Easter candy in the pantry and have them use it to decorate their Easter baskets. Chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, and marshmallow peeps are all great options for this activity.
Crafts & Games
6. Easter Crafts – Crafts are a great way to have some fun during the Easter season. Get the whole family involved in making Easter ornaments, Easter bunny pictures, or other Easter crafts.
7. Easter Games – There are many fun Easter games that the whole family can enjoy. A classic game that is fun for everyone is a game of egg toss. You can also play a game of bean bag tosses using plastic Easter eggs, or even a game of relay races using hollowed-out eggs.
8. Easter Scavenger Hunt – A great way to get the whole family involved in the Easter festivities is to set up a scavenger hunt in your home or backyard. Put together a list of items the kids need to find and have them race to the finish line.
9. Potato Sacks Races – Potato sacks races are a great way to get the kids active and having fun. All you need are some old potato sacks, a starting line, and a finish line. Have the kids race each other to the finish line and the first person to reach it wins!
10. Easter Card Making – Help the kids make their own Easter cards for their family and friends. Let them use their creativity and come up with their own unique spin on their Easter cards.
12. Easter Bunny Pictures – Have the kids draw or paint their own Easter bunny pictures. They can use whatever supplies they have on hand and be as creative as they want. (Here are 19 different ways to make a bunny!)
12. Easter Bonnets – Have the kids make their own Easter bonnets with the help of some tissue paper, glue, and other craft supplies. They can be as creative as they want with their Easter bonnets and have a lot of fun in the process.
14. Easter Ornaments – The kids can make their own Easter ornaments with the help of some craft supplies. They can use whatever supplies they have on hand and be as creative as they want.
Food, Parties, and More
15. Easter Tree – Set up an Easter tree in your home or backyard and have the kids hang up their own Easter ornaments. This is a great way to get the whole family involved in the Easter festivities and make their own special decorations.
16. Easter Dinner – Enjoy a special Easter dinner together with the whole family. Make sure to include some of your family’s favorite dishes, such as ham, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
17. Easter Brunch – Host an Easter brunch with family and friends. Have everyone bring their favorite dishes and enjoy a delicious meal together.
18. Easter Party – Have an Easter party with the whole family. Decorate the house with Easter decorations, play fun Easter games, and enjoy sweet treats.
Throwing the Perfect Easter Party
19. Egg & Spoon Race – Have a classic egg & spoon race with the kids. All you need are some hard-boiled eggs, spoons, and a starting line. Have the kids race to the finish line and the first one to reach it wins!
20. Easter Egg Tree – Hang up a tree with plastic Easter eggs and have the kids decorate them. They can use paint, markers, glitter, and other supplies to make their own unique Easter egg designs.
21. Easter Bunny Hop Race – Have a bunny hop race with the kids. All you need are some large pom-poms, a starting line, and a finish line. Have the kids race to the finish line and the first one to reach it wins!
More Party Games…
23. Egg-on-a-String Race – Have an egg-on-a-string race with the kids. All you need are some raw eggs, strings, and a starting line. Have the kids race to the finish line and the first one to reach it wins!
23. Easter Fun Facts – Play a game with the kids where you tell them some fun Easter facts and have them guess what they are. You can also have them tell you some fun Easter facts and then have them guess the answers.
24. Easter Egg Toss – Have a game of egg toss with the kids. All you need are some hard-boiled eggs, a starting line, and a finish line. Have the kids stand in a circle and toss the eggs back and forth. The last pair standing wins! If you don’t want to deal with the mess, use these yummy eggs…they’re a favorite in our house!
No matter what traditions you decide to have, the most important thing is that you’re having fun with your family. Easter is the perfect time to make some new memories and to create some fun Easter traditions. So, gather up the family and enjoy some of these fun Easter activities!
Leave a Reply