19 DIY Bookshelves That Will Help Your Kids Have a Desire to Read More
Do you have a bookworm at your house? Or maybe a kid who could use a little bit more encouragement? Just this morning I was talking to my son about how his reading time this summer needs to be a titch higher! Maybe if he had his books in an organized manner, it would be easier for him to find something he wants to read? Could you use some bookshelf ideas too? Hoping these will help us all get a few more bookworms at our houses!
1. You’d never know these book shelves are actually rain gutters from the hardware store! And the best part? They don’t need to be painted!
2. Have you ever wondered about what to do with that wasted space behind your door? Install a kid-friendly bookshelf! How smart is this?
3. These easy ledges from Ikea make an adorable book shelf wall!
4. Add some spice racks to your dresser for some easy to reach shelves!
5. Maybe you don’t want to buy those spice racks, but rather use the old pallets left outside your neighbor’s house! Ha!
6. This fabric bookshelf would be the perfect solution for our bunkbed! The poor kid on top has no where to leave her books right now! I sense a weekend project coming on!
7. Keep those books in a handy basket for easy reach and clean up.
8. What a fun lego bookshelf for a lego-loving kid!
9. This child bookshelf manger is oh so cute! There’s even a free DIY tutorial! So so cute!
10. These milk crates make the perfect reading nook for a classroom or even a bedroom!
11. This magazine rack made from a pallet would be the perfect low budget solution to our empty corner that’s been screaming for a bookshelf! I sense another weekend project!
12. Ah to be a kid again and have such a fabulous reading nook! Store the books on the shelf and enjoy some quiet time in the nook! What more do you need?
13. Keep the shelf low enough with an old drawer and some legs added on.
14. These bookshelf crates are a cheery way to spruce up any bedroom!
15. Do you have a Dr. Who fan at your house? How cool is this tardis bookshelf?
16. This letter A bookshelf tutorial will help you make a darling spot for the books in no time!
17. Turn that boring bookshelf into a darling dollhouse, you could even keep using it for books!
18. Bring in a little eclectic with these metal baskets turned on their side!
19. The teens might think an old ladder is pretty cool on their wall!
Let me know how it goes and if you create any of these bookshelves send them our way!