18 Ways to Tame the After School Chaos
With 4 kids in school full-time at our house, it’s definitely going to be a busy school year. I know that each kid will have plenty of homework each day, as well as needing some exercise and down time. How do you tame the after school chaos? I figured there would be a ton of great ideas to lean on online and I was right. Hope you can use them too!
1. First thing’s first, create a homework station. Keep those pencils and erasers handy and it will make homework time so much easier for everyone! I’m totally doing this this year!
2. Kids seem to do better when there’s a routine in place. Here’s a great checklist for the kids to use. Printing one out today!
3. Another great way for the kids to know what to do is with these adorable dry erase clipboards. How cute are they?
4. The easy to make chore chart is a bit more grown up looking. This dry erase chore chart will help even the older kids be organized!
5. These gem jars look like the perfect solution to my 7 year old busy twins! I think they’d really dig them after school. Maybe each day after their checklist is complete they can put a gem in the jar!
6. Get organized. If the kids each have a command center, or even just a designated spot for their stuff, the days’ activities will definitely go better!
7. Make it easy for the kids to grab an after school snack. They’ll save a bunch of time if it’s already made and organized for them!
8. This tidy tub idea came from the classroom, but I think it would work fantastic at the homework desk or table too! One less thing to distract the kids is always good!
9. Maybe your after school chaos is driving from activity to activity? If that’s the case, why not make a portable homework station?
10. This homework cart is another great solution to keep everything organized!
11. These adorable ombre colored clothespins would definitely be a hit with my 13 year old daughter. Make homework a bit funner when it looks cute!
12. It helps to have a place for everything. If each person has a “launching pad” for their stuff, they won’t waste time looking for it each day.
13. What about the evening meal? I know from experience if it’s already in the slow cooker, I can give my kids the attention that they need after school. Love all these great slow cooker recipes.
14. Is it hard to find out if your kids had a good day or not? Why not try these Free Printable Dinner Questions? Your kids might just surprise you with all the talking they’ll do!
15. And of course, your kids will want to cooperate better if they get a good night’s sleep (at least that’s the case at my house). Here’s some great tips to helping your kids get a good night’s sleep.
16 – 18. I LOVE these 3 things you should do everyday after school with your child to keep connected!
There you have it. I know I’m not feeling as panicky for the start of the new school year coming soon. Hopefully you aren’t either!