I get asked all the time about fun new easy ways to decorate and I tell them mod podging!
This is a fun new way to decorate your decorations! It is super easy too. Leave the paint to stink in your garage…(you are going to be smelling glue:) Really don’t smell it…
1. Buy your mod podge.
I buy the matte kind (to be specific…Mod Podge CS11302 Original 16-Ounce Glue, Matte Finish)
2. Use a foam brush. The kind you throw away!
3. Pick out your scrapbook paper. I like to use the thicker paper (it bubbles less). Choose a small print (this helps to keep your focus on the project, not over whelm it).
4. Place your item on the paper and trace around it.
6. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the item you want covered.
8. Take a credit card or plastic pan scraper (that’s the blue thing in the picture) and start in the middle to rub all the bubbles out.
9. Let it dry for about 1 minute (yep 1 minute) and then sand the paper edges off.
10. For an additional step you can stain the edges. Giving it a shabby chic look. You can use a distressing stamp pad (found at craft stores) or stain (from the hardware store).