Fish, Dirt, and Fingernails. The Perfect Girls Getaway in Heber Valley, Utah
What to do in Heber Valley, Utah
14 things to do for a perfect girls get away in Heber Valley, Utah!
Want a fun adventure right out your backdoor (if you are in Utah)? Heber Valley is your taste of adventure, luxury, and a heck of a girls adventure trip!
Here are some of the 14 ideas for an amazing adventure/girl bonding time that
should MUST go on your bucket list. My daughter, Gigi and I would go back again in a heart beat. Note: I do have 2 girls, but my 15 year old was at a church camp for the week. Just needing to note that I’m not playing favorites here. ha.
I’ve listed a few ideas here, but at the bottom of this post I have a full youtube video so you can take notes and make it happen (and invite me)!
14. Take a tour of the Heber Valley Railway – This was a highlight for sure! The station, the open windows, the conductor, the violinist, the singing, the rails…super worth it! Hint: Go Monday nights for discounted tickets. It’s family night!
Gigi and I got to go see some of the trains they were building. Look at the size of that wheel!
Gizmos and gadgets with pure old school beauty!
13. Selfies- have you had your ‘tweenager’ show you the right way to take a selfie? We laughed pretty hard on perfecting the duck face the right way on the train.
12. Ride with the windows down and SEE an upside down barn. Not kidding. Watch the video.
11. Mani/Pedi at the Zermatt Resort. Oh, yes we did. Red, white and blue nails just in time for fishing and boating!
10. Girl talk, pillow fights and room service!
When night fell the pillow fights started when Gigi reached for the phone. It’s girl time!! Yes, she clobbered me back and then we ordered room service pizza from the Zermatt Resort. Perfection.
8 & 9. Stirring the water and catching waves. We headed to the Dock of the Bay Resort at Deer Creek Reservoir in the AM. We learned to catch some ‘waves’ surfing behind a boat and stir the water with paddle boards that we rented.
It was adventure that left us wet!
Gigi was a rock star and it was so fun to see her excitement as she nailed it!
Paddle boarding in one of the most beautiful spots in Utah!
7. Wear waders! Rocky Mountain Outfitters sure outfitted us in some sweet waders.
Our guide, John did a great job on teaching us how to cast the line. We ended up catching (and releasing) 5 fish.
6. You’ll have to watch the video for this one. You don’t want to miss it!
5. Saddle it up. Emily and Becky from Rocky Mountain Outfitters took us on a 2 hour Sunset Horseback Ride. Oh I was so saddle sore, but it was very worth it! Those horses were so steady as they hiked up super steep trails to get to the top of the mountain where we got to over see Heber Valley.
4. Learn talents. I feel like this is one of the beauties of girls adventures. I got to learn what my daughter is passionate about. Check out the video on things to do in Heber Valley, Utah and you’ll see it. One big HUGE grin when I caught her.
3. Window Shopping! They have a new quilt shop up there in Midway. My Girlfriends Quilt Shop was newly opened and was every fabric lovers dream come true! There are a handful of darling shops within walking distance in the city center of Midway. Midway is one of the towns in Heber Valley. If you can, head up over Labor Day for the largest craft show in the west. I’ve heard 80,000 people grace this little town over 2 days. I’ve gone up for the last 10 ish years. Get there early!
2. Razor riding! Oh my heck, this was an oh my heck adventure. We got there clean and left with a huge dirty smile. This was super fun and worth every drop of dirt. Midway Adventure Co. is where we rented this red beast. It was brand new. I don’t think Gigi and I had giggled so much in 2 hours as we did then.
#1 Watch the video. It’s the number one reason to go on a girls adventure!