Hi friends, I recently had an incredible opportunity to take a trip to Iceland. Check out my video to see the Top 9 things to do in Iceland. You may have seen some of my pictures on my Instagram page. Honestly, it was a place I didn’t know much about beforehand, but I was blown away by the beauty and all the amazing things the county has to offer. I was able to travel with a great group of fellow bloggers. Check out #AdventureStartsWithMe hashtag on Instagram for more amazing pictures from these bloggers.
Top 9 Things To Do In Iceland
If you’re not familiar with Animal Jam, it is a safe and exciting online playground for kids who love animals and the outdoors. Created in partnership with National Geographic. players create and customize their own animal characters and dens, chat with friends, adopt pets, team up for adventures, and feed their curiosity about animals and the natural world around them. Features classic playground role-playing infused with the life sciences. Players can collect fun facts in their journey books, learn about Animal Conservation in Kimbara Outback, and talk to real scientists, like herpetologist Dr. Brady Barr and marine biologist Dr. Tierney Thys. Join the fun for free at animaljam.com!
Animal Jam is great because kids love it, and parents like that they are learning too. As parents, we want our kids to not only learn but to also have great outdoor experiences as well.
This trip to Iceland inspired me to get outdoors, see native wildlife, and to have new experiences, and that in turn inspired me to pass this on to my kids. So many times during the trip I found myself thinking, “I wish my kids were here to experience this.” You can learn more about Iceland and the amazing things to do in Iceland here.
Whether you’re taking your family to Iceland (which would be incredible) or you’re going on a hike, canoeing on a lake, bird watching, or just going to a great park, we would love to see your adventures. #AdventureStartsWithMe hashtag is a great way to share those experiences with others. Show your kids how to be adventurous and how to appreciate all the amazing things that are in nature. Join our hashtag. We’d love to see your photos.
Need Some More Adventure In Your Life?
The good news? We’re going to send YOU on one. ENTER TO WIN your very own adventure to Iceland courtesy of Animal Jam, Visit Iceland and WOW Air! Might we suggest a totally awesome Iceland itinerary? This itinerary was built to help you explore Icelandic culture, wildlife, and their environment. Here’s what we did:
- Arrive in Iceland via WOW Air!
- Stay at the Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina (and take a nap!)
- Tour Whales of Iceland
- Take a dip in the Blue Lagoon
- Have dinner at the Seafood Grill
- Check out all there is to do in Reykjavik!
- Head West!
- Stay at Hotel Husafell
- Try riding Icelandic horses at Oddsstaoir
- Visit the Icelandic Goat Center
- Explore the glacier
- Visit the Icelandic Seal Centre
- Have Lunch at Sjavaborg
- Go Seal Spotting
- Check out all there is to do in North Iceland
- Stay at Heydalur (Try to catch the Northern Lights!)
- Drive from Heydalur to Suovik
- Visit the Arctic Fox Centre
- Have lunch at Braeoaraborg
- Take a sailing trip with Borea Adventures
- Stay at Hotel Isafjordur and have dinner in their restaurant
- Depart for the Gauksmyri Horse Farm in North Iceland
- Attend the horse show
- Have dinner and enjoy life on the farm!
- Head back to Reykjavik and begin your journey home
Get to Know Iceland with Iceland Academy
We did a lot of driving to get to all of these amazing (and remote) places. There are so many wonderful and fantastic things to do in Iceland! We traveled with Grayline and our tour guide Ingi and we cannot recommend them enough! Get To Know Iceland Need to get to know Iceland a bit better? Check out Visit Iceland’s new feature Iceland Academy! You’ll learn valuable lessons from people like Gudmundur and Stina on topics like avoiding hot tub awkwardness and responsible safe travel in Iceland.
Enter To Win! One lucky winner can win:
- 2 Round Trip Tickets From WOW Air
- A Gregory Backpack For Your Adventures
- $2000 From Animal Jam to use towards your accommodation and other travel expenses a Rafflecopter giveaway