- Oonies – When I first saw this toy, I thought it was SO strange, and pointless; however, as I saw my kiddos start to play with it, I saw they were quickly drawn in – especially my 6 year old daughters. Oonies are a cross between a ball and a balloon. You inflate them with a pump (which is fun!), and then you create little creatures with the little balloons with the provided accessories. It’s difficult to explain, but it’s a great arts and craft type toy that will encourage lots of creative brain power. My kids love making little “animals” with them! One note, I noticed some of the reviews talked about the balloons popping. We have NOT had that problem, but you definitely shouldn’t be super rough with them! I do recommend getting the refill pack along with your starter kit so you have extra pellets to make into balloons.
- Magformers Sparkle – Everyone knows what an awesome toy Magformer/Piscasso Tiles are. (If you don’t, just trust me. These magnetic building blocks are in our top 3 most played with toys ever.) These ones take things up a notch because they’re the Sparkle and Shine version. IF your kiddo’s a fan, or even if they aren’t, this is a GREAT option.
- Fingerlings – The internet has been going WILD with the talk of these little interactive guys. In fact, they’ve been flying off the shelves and frankly, getting difficult to snag. I have a couple for my daughters and they’re fun. They hang on your finger and wink, blink, blow kisses, and lots more. Here’s my warning though: If you see them in stock, BUY A FEW because you won’t see them again for awhile.
- Amazon Fire Tablet – Kids Edition – I did quite a bit of research into tablets for my kids and went with this Fire Tablet. If you want to see details regarding why I prefer it and choose it for my own kids, check out THIS POST. One big appeal? A 2 year, worry free, no questions asked warranty.
- Crayola Art Kit – There are lots of art kits out there for your little artist, but this one is, by far, the best. It comes with all your basic art tools and a nice little carrying case with a latch. Your kiddo will be busy for a looooooong time with this one. Be sure to buy one for each kid if you have multiple kids. (Believe me….you’ll be grateful you did.)
- Mermaid Bracelet- Every girl need a little sparkle in her life and this accessory is the new “cool” one. Bring a little mermaid spirit into your/her life!
- Dome Climber – I was looking for cool outdoor toys for our yard when a reader told me about this dome climber. It reminded me of what we had at my elementary school as a kid. I was impressed with the quality and it’s quickly become a very well used gym!
- Calico Critters – This is one of those collection toys that even YOU will think are darling. MY girls told me these were all the rage, and I get it now. They’re little woodland creatures with houses, cars, and a bajillions accessories. I wasn’t sure I’d like them, but honestly, they’re so stinkin’ cute. I mean, please, check out these hedgehogs. Killin me softly with cuteness. MY girls love them as do many of my friends’ daughters.
- Spooner Board The Spooner Freestyle Board is a virtually indestructible balance board that spins, flips, slides, wobbles and more. Designed for beginners, this board allows kids as young as 3 to simulate spins, twists, slides, wobbles, and more, which improves core stability, balance, coordination and gross-motor skills. Great for getting out all that energy!
- Perler Beads – Another classic brought back and hotter than ever. Who remembers these? Perler beads are great for a child who likes to create. Many an afternoon was spent at the kitchen bar making things with these this summer!
Leave a Reply