I can’t wait to share this amazing recipe for spicy cinnamon nut cake using our favorite ingredient, coconut oil! My mom adapted it from Paula Deen’s recipe here.
- 1 (18-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (4 serving) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan. Combine cake mix, instant pudding, sour cream, eggs, and coconut oil and beat together well. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. Pour half of batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with sugar mixture, reserving a little to sprinkle on top. Pour the rest of batter into pan and sprinkle with the rest of sugar mixture. Bake 1 hour. Let cool and remove from pan.
- Then my mom drizzled a yummy sugar drizzle on top that gave some extra yumminess. Just make a really thin frosting and drizzle away!
To read more about our favorite ingredient, check out this post all about coconut oil: