I love to eat – do you? I mean, my love of food goes way deeper than the essential-needed-to-live stuff. I have a bit of a love affair with delicious food. This might be why I am ecstatic to be welcoming a fabulous guest to HowDoesShe who is sharing some easy and AMAZING recipes with all of us. Let’s give a very warm welcome to Ruthie from “Cooking With Ruthie”! Take it away, Ruthie!
Hi all the friends of How Does She!
I’m Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie and I’m just thrilled to be here visiting with all of you today. I know how much we all love our slow cookers- especially in winter time. There’s nothing quiet like walking in the door from a long day to dinner right-ready to go, right?!
My Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup is sure to make the whole family very happy!
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 3 C chicken broth (or 3 c water and 3 chicken bouillon)
- 1 C onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn with juice
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with juice
- 1 package ranch dressing mix (1/4 C )
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz neufatchel cream cheese
- garnish with avocado and serve tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, excluding the last two.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Add cream cheese 20 minutes before serving, remove chicken, shred with 2 forks, return to pot, stir well.
- Once cream cheese has melted and is incorporated, it's ready to serve
- Serve with avocado and tortilla chips.
Make sure to remember these awesome slow cooker tips:
~ Coat the ceramic liner with cooking spray before adding ingredients, this will make clean up a snap!
~ Preheat slow cooker on high while prepping ingredients, then once it’s ready to go turn to low if a longer cook time is desired.
~Never add frozen ingredients; it takes too long for ingredients to reach a high enough heat and get through the temperature danger zone (40-140 degrees) in max of 4 hours.
~ If you’re cooking in the summer time, prep the slow cooker once it’s ready to go just put it out in the garage to cook so it won’t heat up the house!
Here is another delicious slow cooker recipe for you to enjoy…
Thanks so much for having me over to visit. I’ve loved coming to share some of the love from my kitchen with all of you.
You’re more than welcome to come by my place anytime… or catch me at www.cookingwithruthie.com