How Does She make use of holey or too short jeans?
I am excited to introduce you to a genius seamstress, Deana. She can sew anything, but I was excited to learn what to do with all my daughter’s holey jeans – I thought only BOYS got holes in their jeans???
Before I start her tutorial, lets learn a bit about Deana…
“Hello! My name is Deana. When I am not running my 5 kids around to all their events and after most of my to do list is done, I LOVE TO SEW. I sewed my first shirt when I was 6 years old. I experienced such a joy and fascination with sewing at such a young age, it soon became a passion, a degree, and now a business. I love flat pattern design, a wide variety of sewing, and have a serious fetish with fabric. I have sewn wedding gowns, reupholstered sofas, dental chairs, & boat seats and the decor for several Parade of Homes. My top joy, however, is my family and just being MOM.”
Five Fun Facts:
1- I have eaten chocolate covered grasshoppers, but much prefer chocolate covered raisins.
2- I crave hot weather and date nights with my hubby.
3- I am the 6th of 12 children in my family (all from the same parents, no twins included).
4- I love sushi!!!
5- I love to bike, hike, dance, and do pilates.(but not all at the same time)
Wanted Super Hero Power:
“I wish I could snap my fingers and have my house completely clean and have it actually stay that way for more than 10 minutes!”
Here is what you will be making with your holey or too short jeans…
Let’s get started…
1. find your holey or too short pants
2. cut the pants off at the knee at equal lengths.
and then cut the other side
3. cut a strip of fabric the length you want the ruffle by the fullness desired. For example, I cut a strip of fabric 6″ wide by 20″ long for each side. The length of the strip should be at least 2X the width of the pant leg.
4. Sew ends of strips together.
5. Hem one side.
6. gather the other side.
so now it looks like this…
7. with right sides together, sew ruffle to pant leg.
now it looks like this…
8. sew a ribbon on top of seam leaving enough ribbon on ends to tie in a bow.
cute model (aka Deana’s daughter)…
Thanks Deana for answering the question, How Does She reinvent too short or holey jeans?
We love linking up our projects with THESE FABULOUS LINK PARTIES! Thanks for hosting Gals!